1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im contemplating..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Redawn, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Redawn

Redawn Member

ok, i want to install devhook, but i dont want to brick my psp.
    I have a pandoras battery, and a 1gig mem stick that was originally a magic mem stick, but i restored it to a regular mem stick.

If I do end up installing devhook and somehow brick my psp, can I restore the magic memory stick and use the pandoras battery somehow to unbrick it again?

im hoping it will be easy if worse comes to worse..

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There is no need for Devhook. That is an outdated application that was used on 1.50 PSP's to load ISO files.

With the release of custom firmware there is no need for Devhook to run ISO and Homebrew applications.

What firmware are you currently on?

And to answer your question a Pandora Battery + Magic memory Stick will recover a brick if you happen to have instillation problems with Devhook. But I highly recommend not using Devhook.

3. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

3.71 M33-4 :)

3.80 M33 should be out in a few more days! I can't wait!

4. foxrider

foxrider Guest

he was asking redawn..
    but how did you make your pandora? hardmod?

5. Redawn

Redawn Member

i have 3.71 M33-4 , I dont think you guys know what i mean. I want to run .cso instead of .iso, I know that I need to run devhook to use .cso files.

my issue is, I no longer have a magic mem stick b/c i restored it to use for games, movies, etc. I want to know if I can make it into a magic mem stick again (if need be) using my computer only. The main thing is I want to run .cso, not .iso (too big)

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You do not need Devhook to run CSO files.

Just place the CSO files in the ms0:/ISO folder and play via Game Menu Memory Stick. Same as you would with ISO files.

If your having issues playing CSO files go HERE and follow these steps to try getting them running properly.

The only way this is possible is if you have a card reader that takes pro Duo in it and run an easy installer which will format and copy the needed files to Memory Stick.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008