1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm dying here! Need help bad!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cachorrao, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I was playing a backup game when all of a sudden it froze up on me. I figure no big deal I'll jsut reset it but no good. Couldn't eject the disk and the blue light wasn't coming on at all. I opened it up and the power/eject ribbon was damaged. I had just replaced it a few weeks ago and I guess I didn't clear the edge and it got dented on 1 side. I jsut got my replacement ribbon today and still nothing. I get power but the tray will not open, the blue light doesn't come on at all and the laser isn't coming on either.

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

Is the ribbon installed correctly? If it is, test the ribbon to see if it isn't damaged, or email the place you got it from and tell them it doesn't work and have them replace it for you.

3. ps2source

ps2source Regular member

Yeah, if the people replaced it only a few weeks ago it should be all on them to repair it again for free.

4. vans12

vans12 Regular member

is there a way to short the pins that you connect the ps2 eject switch to to see if the pins or damaged or if the cable is.

5. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

The new ribbon looks fine. Any reason why the unit would get power (the fan etc...) But the tray and laser wouldn't? When I turn the power switch on get the red light, hit the power button and get the green light, fan turns on but it doesn't boot. No blue light at all and tray won't open.

6. dbldwn02

dbldwn02 Member

Sounds like you have a nice paperweight. Sorry...

7. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I would try replacing the DVD unit (if possible).

Cause it sounds like you have power, if you get lights and a fan.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

i know there is a ribbon that just works the tray eject function on the left side of the disc tray on a V7 PS2.
    Mine came out when installing a flip top and the eject would not work, once i slid it back into place it worked fine.

9. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Any way to figure out if it's the DVD unit, other than replacing it? To be honest that was my guess, that the drive went bad but before I go through all that I want to try and make sure that's the actual problem.

Another problem I've read is it could be a bad BA. Any idea how to determine this problem?