1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im dying here

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Funboy23, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Funboy23

Funboy23 Member

I opened up my PS2 it is the oldest verson i think i got it from a friend for really chepa, i went to a site that showed how to install the DSM3 but 1 part of my PS2 motherboard does not match up to the diagram please, can someone help me if it is not possible to put a mod chip in here i would like to know now, i cant seem to find very many good full pictures of what a Ps2 v1 motherboard should look like i have only found one and it was almost identical except for one part, and that one part is very important in connecting the mod chip PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND I AM REALLY GETTING FRUSTRATED

2. vairox

vairox Regular member

i have found that it is well worth paying a pro $40 or $50 to install the chip, i had two PS2's and tried to install a magic 3.1 on a version 5/6 and there were just way too tiny of connectors to solder, i have shaky hands and zero patience so i ended up giving it away to a fried and he managed to save it, paid an installer $50 to put the other one in....$50 for peace of mind is worth it IMO