1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im getting a xecuter 2.3B.Few questions.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Pontius, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I am also getting the xapter.I have looked at the guide for installing this and it seems easy enough.But the part that says that you have to scrape off the laquer on the motherboard to expose the copper wires seems the hardest part.What kind off tool should i use for this?Another question i have is how do i flash it with evoX?I have 2 cross over cables one is called

Cat 5e crossover for PC to PC connection and says patch cable under that.The other is

UTP network cable

Will either of these work?

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

the crossover cable works just fine. as for doing the chip itself, man...i dont know, i looked at the job, and just paid the extra 20 bucks and had a pro do that. lol...anyways, good luck.

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

ive installed two x2.3blite+ The original ones, not the one with the xapter adapter. on my halo xbox i didnt need to scrape the d0 the green light came on as i mess around the d0 area, just wiggle it till you get the green light.. if you dont get the green light.. i suggest you get an xacto knive or a Barber's blade(just the blade itself) and gently scrape around the d0 area.. make sure you find the d0 area first, than scrape.. ive noticed that on the second xbox that i did i had to do this... but maybe you dont have to do this, like on my first installation. as far as the cables, if you have a cat 5e "Crossover" cable, with "Crossover" writen on the cable than you got the right one.. another way to see if its the right cable is by looking at both ends and make sure that both ends mismatch colors.
    you dont flash it with evox.. you need to flash the chips bios with the x2.4983 bios..than, and only than after you get the Xecuter under the xbox logo, where microsoft used to be at, than you can install evox to you xbox, by ftp the disc from your xbox, to your pc, and than back to your xbox.. you really need to find the Bios for that chip.. let me know how your installation went. Hoped i helped Peace!

4. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I have slayers boot CD V 2.5.I know this has to be used after i flash the bios with x2.So how do i flas it with x2?

5. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I have heard of a new dash called avalaunch.It says on the website that its better than evoX.Is this true?

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

You need to go to here.. it'll show you everything, except where to get the bios
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/cromwell.htm

if you have slayers disc it should bring many different dashboards in that disk. avalunch should be there.