1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm giving up on TROY!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by derryl, Jan 7, 2005.

1. derryl

derryl Member

I've even downloaded AnyDVD4.4 beta. I then open DVD Shrink 3.2 and insert DVD Troy. Click reauthor main movie only title #1. Receive the same error again Overlapped i/o operation is in progress.
    So these are the combos I have tried and I must stress that I have never had any problems with backups before with this computer,burner or programs DVD Shrink3.2,DVD Decrypter newest version.

DVD Shrink and the burn with NERO(which has always worked in the past) analyses to 63% and then errors as above

DVD Decrypter ISO read errors
    DVD Decrypter and import PSL patch from thread on LBB and RE2 and then DVD Shrink and then burn with Nero all works but skips at scene 22 I think right after the Greek retreat.
    DVD Decrypter file without PSL patch errors.
    I'm outta ideas. Could their be different versions of this movie with different encryptions. The one I have is as follows: WB studios Standard 28410 Region 1 162mins US R Canada 14A 2004 Helena Productions Ltd.

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I can't see why people are having so much trouble with TROY I did it first try and I did several times, As this was the one that I used to test my system speeds.

I used Shrink and NERO, didnt do anything any different then before.

3. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i had no trouble with troy using anydvd 4.4.1.1 beta and clonedvd2 2.5.4.3 . it is a rather long movie that needs alot of compression but in no means did that prevent me from backing this dvd up .

4. Sinlaya

Sinlaya Member

I copied Troy with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. It had to copies of the movie on it French version and English version. So I removed the French version since I do not need that, and removed all the other junk such as the warnings and previews. It was a little over 60% quality with the compression.. I've watched it and I really can't tell the difference between the Origninal and the Copied version except that I like the copied better without all the added crap on it lol. I've also noticed that AnyDVD does not work with my DVDshrink so that is why I downloaded the trial version for CloneDVD.. I love the program.

5. niiiccckk

niiiccckk Member

Same here , no problems

dvd shrink + nero

6. derryl

derryl Member

I finally figured it out. I rented Manchurian Candidate and backed it up perfectly using the same steps and programs as I always had with no problems at all. So the Problems with TROY had to be something else. I put the rented DVD in my DVD player to watch the movie well low and behold this done the same as my copied version froze and skipped at about 1 hour and 23 minutes in. I took this back to rental store and they gave me another copy. Well what are the odds but this one done the same thing. So I took it back and went to another rental store and rented the Wide Screen version of TROY and eureka DVD Shrink and Nero had no problems with it. 2 Bad DVD's from the same store must be a bad batch from warehouse.