1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im going bald

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spruk, Aug 1, 2003.

1. spruk

spruk Guest

I need help...i dont know what im doing wrong but i have tryed to copy ps2 dvd games with , dvd decrypter no good..alchol 120% no good...record now max no good..I have read nearly all threads to see how to do this. I have a no solder mod chip and a ar2 disc, but when I boot ps2 with copyed disc in the ps2 just makes a squealing noise then locks up on me.....please help coz im going outa my mind...

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Oh. The problem is that you can't boot ps2 dvd backups like that because the ar2 disc is cd based. In order to boot you dvd backups you can do one of two things:

1.) Buy the swap magic discs (probably the best thing to do)

2.) Follow this method:

1. Put the dongle into slot 2.
    2. Load the AR2v2(GS2) disk.
    3. At the main screen press "Eject".
    4. Swap the AR2v2(GS2) disk for a BIG DVDrom ORIGINAL
    (It must be bigger than the DVDr you want to load).
    5. Select "CODES".
    6. Select "DAVE MIRRA".
    7. Press "X" to choose the cheat.
    EVERY CHEAT SHOULD BE ACTIVE.
    8. Press "Start".
    9. Select "Start game WITH codes".
    10. Press "X".
    A message will say "Too many codes active".
    The DVD original will now stop spinning.
    11. Now hold eject till the disk comes out, and swap with your backup DVD
    the disc will go back in after 5 seconds.
    12. Press "X".
    You will be taken back to the "CODES" screen.
    13. Press "Start".
    14. Select "Start game WITHOUT codes".
    15. Press "X".
    The DVDr backup will now boot._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2003
  3. spruk

spruk Guest

could you please tell me if i still need my mod chip with swap magic discs..and where would i find these discs.

also are these swap discs easy to use?

many thanx

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Yes you still need your no-solder modchip with the swap magic discs. They are very easy to use. There are two of them, one for booting cd-r backups and one for booting dvd r backups. All you have to do is load the one that boots dvd backups and then just swap it with your dvd r backup and it will load just like that. A good place to buy them is at this site http://www.modchipkits.com/pages/swapmagic.htm

Hope this helps :)

5. spruk

spruk Guest

I have just tryes to do all the things you had tols me , with no luck ...all that happened woz the screen went black...so i tryed another disc and that just loaded as per normall.

6. spruk

spruk Guest

I dont want to be a pain in the bum but could you tell me wich is the best tool to copy these games as i have many on my pc and i think im getting a tad lost with them all now.

I also had a look at that site and it seems those discs are for the U.S ps2 so i guess i will need to look for the pal equavilant.

7. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member