1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm going for quality back-ups, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mushu315, Dec 3, 2004.

1. mushu315

mushu315 Member

I'm looking at the DVD-Shrink... I want to make sure I get the best picture/audio quality.

What's a good compression ratio? Like...

Perfect = 100%
    Excellent > 90%?
    Good > 80?

something like that. I'm messing with the settings on one of my dVDs that i'm trying to back up... i'm cutting out as much as possible and I'm left with 78.3% ? is this still worth burning?

i'm using 4.7 gig DVDs btw.

Also, anyone here successfully back-up The Matrix? I did re-author, and there's... 5 "main movie". Which one do I use? I previewed all of them and they all seem like they're english.

And for disney movies... anyone having trouble backing those up? I keep getting some sort of ripping error.

Thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well your probably using one of the best proggys out there for your back up.

Anything above 90% you arent going to be able to tell any difference.
    80% to 90% still pretty darn good
    Lower than 80% i would recomend using deep analysis it will take longer but you will get very good quality. I have backed up movies at 60% and they came out very good, and I don't use deep analysis, but I would recommend you do! :)

In Matrix I just used the 1st one and all was fine. You can look at each of them in the preview window of Shrink sometimes one is widescreen the other fullscreen, or different camera angles, but sometimes you can't tell any difference. I usually just go with the first one, and I have never had a problem yet. This won't be the first movie you come across this on.

I havent had any trouble backing up Disney movies.. ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105

3. mushu315

mushu315 Member

Thanks man