1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im having a wierd issue with my PS1 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by T_Murda, Jul 20, 2014.

1. T_Murda

T_Murda Newbie

I bought a modded PS2 a wile back. And my problem is my PS1 backups will play, but the screen flashes. The screen flashes pure white then back to normal, then white again. My PS1 backups did not do this before and was working fine. My PS2 backups don't flash white on screen, so that's a good thing.

Anyone who can help me would be great. I'm using a fat PS2 with a matrix infinity mod chip. I'm using Sony brand CD-R's. I'm also using component cables [I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not].

Thanks.

2. T_Murda

T_Murda Newbie

Never mind guys i figured it out. it WAS the component cables. I took it out and put in composite cables and the flashing stopped. I guess PS1 backups are no good with component [also read this in other topics]. I guess i can use this topic to warn people to use composite or something else rather than component for PS1.

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

actually component works you just have to go into the dashboard settings on the ps2 and change the option in video from component to av and so forth