1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im having problems dvd decrypeter and backing up to dvd, using shrink with nero 7.7.1.5 on vista

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by azzaling, Jul 4, 2007.

1. azzaling

azzaling Member

hey guys

just bought a new comp and im having problems with decrypter and backing up to dvd, using dvd shrink with nero 7.7.1.5 on vista.

basically decrypetr runs and finishes as normall the when you try to close it, it says failed to set data. so still opend it in shrink anyway and the files work as normal it goes through the analysation but when using shrink to back up to dvd its a no go.

i go through the norm with shrink

i open the file containing the movie

then it analysis it

then i press backup

then in select target backet it should give you option of backing it
    up to the dvd, but it doesnt. it only gives you the option to backup to iso file or to hard disk.

also at the top of the caption box it says (to enable burning please install nero) but its already installed on my computer

tried this with many different movies and different blank disks so its not the disks. have tried everything i know to fix this

any suggestions

regards all azzaling

2. attar

attar Senior member

In 'Edit', 'Preferences', 'File I/O', is 'Enable burning with Nero' checked.

3. onya

onya Guest

Nice one Attar..........but just in case!

[​IMG]

4. azzaling

azzaling Member

of course thats ticked, it was the first thing i checked. I have been using nero and shrink for years its only on vista im having this problem

5. azzaling

azzaling Member

also i looked in control panel and advanced options and its got this

nero burn rights (then says)

windows vista home edition does not support right settings for your
    burn device. Write access will be availible for all users.

i check on microsoft website before i downloaded the nero 7.7.5.1 ultra edition and it said was compatible with vista

nero works coz ive done data dvd's and stuff just not with shrink. so i cant figure it out

6. attar

attar Senior member

@onya

I think I've been put in my place!

7. onya

onya Guest

@attar

Me thinks mee too.....LOL

8. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

That Happened to me also.

Did you buy Nero and get a hard disc copy and not the downloaded version with the reg key? I had to wait til I got the Disc in the mail to Install Nero. If you got the disc, It has a Nero cleaner on it. Try and use that and then install Nero again. Then install Shrink.

This might not be it, But I also added another drive.

You may want learn how to use Imgburn to burn your Movies to Disc.

I know it's Frustrating, But You're not going to get help by snitting at those that are trying to help. Onya and attar are Pretty smart people. So starting with the Simple is the best way to go.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  9. rtmklm

rtmklm Guest

this is a Vista issue. DVD Decrypter needs to run under a local admin account. Even if you are logged in as an admin Vista does not runs the programs by default as administrator. Right click on the DVD decrypter icon and Run As Administrator. Works for me everytime.

10. azzaling

azzaling Member

you guys n girls are ledgends.

so far it just looks like all the programs needed to be run in administrator mode

thanx