1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having problems!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shivermc, Apr 30, 2005.

1. shivermc

shivermc Member

Hi,I'm having a problem with burning. I'm a bit new to it all so please be patient. When I try to use DVD Shrink the message I get is "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "E:\" incorrect function"
    The thing is i've managed to do it before but having trouble now. My burner drive is ok i can backup cds but not dvds.
    Please help
    Shiver :)

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

You try ripping with DVD Decrypter then running the file through Shrink?

Also, what movie?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  4. shivermc

shivermc Member

Hi,
    Thanks for getting back but i have already tried this. I managed to decrypt it and have selected "ISO image file and burn with decrypter" and have "selected target image file" now it either says i dont have enough space or "invalid path file". The thing is it worked for me last night and i burned a copy of a dvd in my collection but now it's back to its old non-working ways its sooo annoying!!!!
    shivermc

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Well if it's a dvd9 you cannot just rip and burn it with DVD Decrypter. Unless your using dual layer discs.

Rip with DVD Decrypter, then run it through Shrink ... create an ISO file then burn it with DVD Decrypter.

Also, what movie are you having problems with?

6. shivermc

shivermc Member

Honestly thats the way ive tried it. i got a step by step instruction thing which said to set it to custom not dvd9 etc and i followed it to the letter last night but it seems im doing something wrong somewhere now it says "please enter a valid ISO file name" Soz if this is a hassle.
    Its a series called The Shield i'm trying to burn. Managed first four episodes on one disk last night but.......................!!!!!
    shivermc