1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having some trouble combining avi files.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oxycodone, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

well, it would be the same for any other re-authoring app, if they compressed. You could have written your finished NVE files to your hard drive instead of your media and then ran those files thru another program designed to deal with compression better. Like shrink(using high quality settings), RB/CCE, etc.etc. to your media. The quality would be much better.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  2. marc65

marc65 Member

Hello I have a question regarding vision express 3.
    I import 2 vcd discs, merge them create menus etc.. I then either burn to DVD directly or make a folder and then burn DVD with either Nero or Nero express with that folder. No matter which way I do it the disc plays in my computer using any DVD player software. They will not play on a stand alone player? I have tried different brand of media

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you sure it won't play in a stand alone player or just won't play in your stand alone player? Are you using -R's or +R's? Make sure which type your stand alone will play...
    Also do the disk you are creating have AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on them?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Also do the disk you are creating have AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders on them

Actually, when using Nero Express, it won't matter. You just add the entire folder and it picks only what it needs.

But I agree it does sound like a compatibility problem. Look and see what your player plays, and what media you are using. Here's a great site for checking your player's compatibility and anything else you want to know concerning DVD:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

5. marc65

marc65 Member

Thank you so far for the replies.
    I am using -r. I tried pro disc and Fuji. They do not play in any standalone (at least the two I tried). I have used these discs before with DVD shrink to copy discs and no problem. The finished discs have the correct folders and vob files. I have tried to burn directly from vision or making folder and burning from folder using Nero burning rom. the discs are recognized as DVD in windows, asking me how I want to play” DVD"
    Maybe there is something missing that a standalone needs to see. If it is indeed a compatibility issue, how would i avoid this.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@ marc65
    The only thing your Stand alone needs to read correctly is the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders, and hopefully all your files are in the VIDEO_TS folder. That's why I asked that question earlier. You can check by putting the disk into your computer and using explorer just to see if those 2 folders are on the disk. You should be using NERO VISION EXPRESS to do what you are trying to do. You are trying to put 2 VCD's on one DVD if I understand you correctly? Regular NERO or EXPRESS wont burn them into a comliant DVD to play on your stand alone player. You need to use NERO VISION EXPRESS..

Hope this helps :)