1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im looking to build a good fast computer please help

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by iceman82, Feb 2, 2008.

1. iceman82

iceman82 Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128075 i wanted to know if this is a good moterborad and if not please point me to the right one the computer i build is going to be used for heavy internet use and burning cds and dvds and i will be downloading alot of music and if this is a good motherborad then what cpu should i use and i will also be useing this computer for lite gameing to any help with this build will be great thanks.

2. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

Get GA-P35-DS3L motherboard, I don't know if anyone of you will agree with me on the cpu choice but i recommend E2200 cpu, a ATi HD3850 gpu, good 500w psu.

3. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

motherboard is a good recommendation, as is the video card... From what i've been told on these forums, Corsair VX series PSU's are fantastic, so I would go with that...

As far as CPU... Is it worth paying the 20 dollars extra for the 2200?? Might as well go with the E2160, especially if you're going to OC... OR spend an extra 20 and get the E4000 series CPUs for the extra cache...

In any event, you should definitely go with an Intel based motherboard and not the AMD that you chose... GA-P35-DS3L is a solid mobo, assuming it has all the features you need.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah, go with an Intel CPU like the 2160 and the P35-DS3L, with 2GB of Corsair XMS2 RAM and a 450W Corsair VX.