1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Lost Please Help..(Psp 3.40oe-a)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bhunt7, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

I recently downgraded my PSP to 1.5 and the upgraded to 3.40oe-a everything works fine.I downgraded my friend's psp to 1.5 and then updated to the 3.40 oea and got the green text that everything worked but his won't play the UMD backups.I get error 80020321 and then back to main PSP screen.I googled it and saw several post and one here i believe where a guy had similar problem and solved by switching memory stick so i tried my memory stick in his and vice versa and eliminated the possibility of it being Memory Card related.So is there anything else i can try or have i just f'd my good friend's PSP.I was a total noob to all this as of a few days ago but this site and the people on it helped me get my PSP working and I'm lovin it so much more now.So I'm hopeful that some1 can help me get his working.
    Thanks for reading and any help or suggestions

2. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

hi yes all you have to do is go into recovery mode then into configuration and miss with those options[​IMG]

3. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

great,How?

4. psp_andy

psp_andy Member

turn ur psp off fully, then turn it on and hold down the r trigger, now ur in recovery mode, go to configuration (i think) and try disabling no-umd, or mab if 2 up from no-umd there's game folder homebrew, if its 1.50 try changing it to 3.40 by pressing it

5. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

Ok,I tried that now his psp is frozen on a black screen and unplugging battery won't fix.Please tell this isn't bricked.

6. Dark_AIex

Dark_AIex Guest

tell me the symtoms or give me your msn (private message me it or tell me it here and then delete it) so i can help you a hell of a lot faster

7. dennis411

dennis411 Guest

Hey bitch!!Don't try to be dark alex!!We all know he's gone!!

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

hmmm... u sound like some other person here who got banned for that exact reason. asking for msn is illegal here. gangsta00, is this u again?

9. Dark_AIex

Dark_AIex Guest

dennis... SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and mmcrman sorry if broke the rule and no im not this ganster person

10. masud

masud Member

HEY!!! SHUT UP AND HELP THIS GUY!!! this forum is for happy and nice people. DONT SCREW WITH IT!!! now.......is it just me? cause i think he bricked his psp :(

11. guano

guano Regular member

You guys are retarded. Just pass the MSN address, help the kid and get on with it.

And Dark_AIeX is just a name, dude; no need to flip out.

12. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Yeah i had that same problem. it would say the game could not be started or it would freeze on a black screen when loading.All you have to do is go to recovery and go to advance> then advaced then you will see 3 options disable all of them and it should start working

13. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

I finally have everything working.Mine works perfectly running everything now :) and my friend's psp which i had the problems with works(thanks to good advice from here) However his doesn't like some games and won't load them and certainly seems more prone to freezing.Sorry I've not responded back sooner but i've been busy and notto mention enjoying the heck outta my PSP. Thanks everyone!

14. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

So, Bhunt, do you still need help or are your problems solved?

If you can still get into the recovery menu then your PSP isn't bricked, it's just sem-bricked and can be fixed really easily; especially since you also have a 3.40 OE-A PSP.

[EDIT: Looks like you got it working; sweet. I deleted the steps on how to fix it.]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  15. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

Like i said,everything appears to be good except for the fact that my friends PSP won't load certain iso backups, like Burnout for example..it gets stuck on loading screen when mine loads it up quick.I have actually helped 2 friends to 3.40 oe-a and both of them havve this problem and I don't.any ideas or setting suggestions?

16. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

First, make sure that the ISO isn't a higher firmware than 3.40.

If it's a 3.40 iso or lower; then make sure you've tried all the steps above- here's a recap if you haven't

1- Go into the recovery menu.

2- Click on configuration and then Disable "No-UMD mode" if it isn't already.

3- Go back to the main recovery menu and click on Advanced then on Advanced Configuration. Disable everything in this folder.

If your friend has a UMD in his drive, his isos should work fine after this.

17. bhunt7

bhunt7 Member

the only way i could get theirs to play ISO's was to enable No-UMD mode.That is was finally got them to work

18. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Sweet, I'm glad it worked for you.