1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im new at burning and i have a problem, (Star wars battlefront)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by JasJam, Oct 13, 2004.

1. JasJam

JasJam Member

I tried to burn a game called star wars battlefront using nero express burning program, after i used it and burnt the disc i tried to play the game but it didnt work, i dont no why and when i used the original disc it worked perfect, can you please help me , i have no clue.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Its a copyright thing, you would need a nocd crack but theres not much point when you have the game

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Due to the copy protection used on the game you need to use specialized software such as BlindWrite, Clone CD or Alcohol 120% to make a working backup.

If you check out some of the stickys and cruise through this forum you'll get a good idea of what's involved :)

4. Eros_Aon

Eros_Aon Member

I don't know if anyone will still this, but I've had the same problem backing up my Star Wars Battlefront cd. I've used clonecd AND alcohol 120% and it burns completly and then when I go to use the cd (already having installed the game) and it tells me something like "please do not use a backup copy of this game, please use your orignial disc." So, yeah... something with the built sectors, not sure how to get around it. If anyones had this problem with any of the newer games I would glady take some advice, as I am pretty basic in my back-up skills.

Thanks

5. Nephilim

What make/model drive are you using?

What speed did you read/write at?

6. Eros_Aon

Eros_Aon Member

Well, I am not sure what exactly my burner is...I know kinda odd. I just bought a dell 8400 less than a month ago...and haven't been able to find out the brand. I know it's a dual-layer 12x dvd+- burner.

And I'm pretty sure I burned it at the slowest setting....but I don't see how that would make that message pop up like that. seems built in and I need to get around or use a different program.....has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks for the help so far....very great forum you guys have going on here!

7. Nephilim

It appears Star Wars Battlefront uses SecuROM 5.03.06.0041 which is a tough cookie. Successful backups of the newer protections are highly dependant on the capabilities of your burner. Very few DVD burners have been proven to reliably back up PC games. The best have been the Plextor PX-708A/712A and the Lite-On 4xx/8xx series. A120 should list the make/model drive in the drop down for selecting the drive.

As for software, BlindWrite is about as good as it gets for dealing with SecuROM so I'd suggest installing the trial version as well as BlindWrite5 Tweaker from http://www.aray-software.com/ .

SecuROM - use BW5/Tweaker. Settings for Tweaker should be:

Basic Settings Tab- change Max Read Speed to 4X, change Write Speed CD to 4X.

Topology Tab - Writing Topology = Write using TwinPeak / Topology method = Slow (CD) / Read Topology = Always Extract.

Extraction Speed - 8X to start then 4X if if needed.

Adavanced Settings Tab - change nothing.

Now click "Run BlindWrite and go from there.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I figured I'd add my half cent here about backing up this game.

I had a weird experience with this one, first off I was able to make a working backup with AL120% and Pioneer 107.

Ok...the wird thing was, was I was not able to make it mount with a virtual drive, it gave me an error message about visiting securom.com blah blah blah,
    then when I decided to burn it to a disc and all went well except when I first put the disc in to play (in my burnrer) my computer decided to reboot its self, wierd but ok whatever, it palyed.

Ok...another weird thing happend, again, I decided to play the burnt copy in my dvd-rom and again the computer decided to reboot itself again, wierd again but whatever, it played.
    So tonight im gonna play the burnt copy to see if it reboots itself again.

Does anybody have any clue as to why this rebooting happens? maybe some theory anybody can think of to sooth my soul...maybe planet and stars alignment or somthin..

9. Nephilim

Have you tried using BlindWrite? ;)

A120 isn't the best at SecuROM so the best I can figure is there's something wrong with the copy that's giving your computer fits, just a guess though :)

10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

That was going to be my next test, but I never had a disc or a game self boot my system, it also zipes through the whole process in like 5 minutes *weird*. I'll give an update with BW.

11. Nephilim

That is weird and I've never heard of it myself. What are you doing to your PC man?!?! :p

12. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Trying my hardest phuqitup :p

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

That was a negative ghost rider, BW was shot down!

It gave me an error message saying bad image.

14. Nephilim

The image that BW made was bad? You knocked the read speed down right? ;)

15. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

yup, the image that BW made was bad, and the read and write speed was at the lowest.

The weird thing was, was the burn was only half the disc but not to fear more testing is on the way.

Will update later.

Hey -Nephilim- I got 2000 to work :)