1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im new at hacking my xbox 360 need haelp

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by FW330, Aug 7, 2007.

1. FW330

FW330 Guest

can some one teel me more about hacking the 360

2. jelle2503

jelle2503 Regular member

edited by ddp

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  3. budro

budro Regular member

was that necessary?

ok, xbox 360 hackin. the best way is a firmware hack, its cheap and simple. There are multiple different firmwares for all of the different xbox 360 drives (samsung, hitachi, ben q). ixtreme is the newest firmware and is the only safe (well, its never %100 safe, but it's the safest) firmware to play on Xbox Live with. there's some started info, if you gather more info about your box, then we can help you out.

4. phil43

phil43 Regular member

Hi,I'm new to this too.My son has the old xbox chipped with hard drive included.His birthday is next month and I intend to buy him
    xbox 360.Can these be chipped or modified to play backups.I believe
    some have different hard drives which seem to make all the difference.If someone can help in what to or what not to buy it would be much appreciated,thanks in advance.

5. budro

budro Regular member

Yes, to both of you who want information, use google images and search "xbox 360 drives". that will tell you which drive you have, once you buy the xbox of course. then from there, you can collect the correct firmware, NOT A CHIP, NEVER A CHIP, because with a mod chip, you will get banned from xbox live. i have a well written tutorial on modding a hitachi xbox. Click Here

It's NEARLY, not completely, the same for all 360 drives. PS, Phil43, if you want to mod the xbox, DO NOT get an Xbox 360 elite, they're extremely hard to mod ;)

Also, Phil43, it's not the hard drive i'm talking about, it's the DVD drive that makes all the difference :), seeing as some are harder to flash with new firmware

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

jelle2503, wtf was that about?!! do that again & you'll get a temp ban or worse. edit that link out of your sig ASAP.
    1. Advertising via forum messages is strictly prohibited. If you need to advertise your products on our site, contact us via the feedback form and we will negotiate an advertising contract with you/your company.
    3. Providing affilate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.

7. phil43

phil43 Regular member

8. budro

budro Regular member

Hey, no problem! teach and learn right? :D

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

right!

10. FW330

FW330 Guest

thnx for all your replies by the way is this going to write into the flash mem?
    i knoe this is in the wrong forum but im afraid that something similar that happen to my psp will happen my psp got bricked

11. budro

budro Regular member

there's no flash memory at all. it's very very unlikely to brick it with the new programs.

no problem, any time bud

12. GIXXI

GIXXI Member

There might be a better place for this but i figured since Phil43 might run into the same problem id ask here. i used the toshiba-samsung firmware mod for my drive (thanx to this site :) ) and then realized u needed a modded dashboard apparently to FTP to your box. Is there a way to get a dashboard that will allow this with only the firmware mod and no modchip. if so, i only need a name and ill figure out the rest

13. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

If you're talking about the 360, you can't FTP to it nor is there a modded dashboard available.

14. budro

budro Regular member

If you're talking about the 360, you can't FTP to it nor is there a modded dashboard available.[/quote]

actually, i believe there are modded dashboard's and you can FTP stuff to your box, you just need a crossover ethernet cable. in order to find the answer to your question, i would post a new thread, it'll get more attention and better info ;)

15. GIXXI

GIXXI Member

yeah it seems like everyone thats talked about it has mentioned ftp settings in their dash.
    thanx guys

heres the new thread if anyone wants to follow
    AfterDawn