1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm New To Homebrew Please Help !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by zacdowen, Apr 5, 2007.

1. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

Ok so ive got a PSP ive checked the firmware and its v2.82 ive just downloaded Ford Street Racing and its in a cso. file format. I Really have no idea what to do i need a step by step as simple as possible explanation as to home to upgrade/downgrade my firmware etc. Oh and i have a 1Gb memory card.

Help will be very very much appriciated
    Thank You

2. stagass

stagass Regular member

hi my friend.
    ok 1st thing u need is a UMD of GTA:LCS unpatched version.u can see if it's unpatched by simply checking if the upgrade it has is to 2.00 fw.u can see that by going to the psp home menu_>game.there it is.
    once u get that unpatched UMD u must download the 3.03 updater bcz there's no 2.82 downgrader.u can download it from here : http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/53
    once ur psp is 3.03 umust downgrade to 1.5.u can download the downdater from here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1034

to upgrade u have to create a folder called UPDATE into ms:pSP:GAME

TO DOWNGRADE TO 1.5 JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE PROGRAMM U DOWNLOADED
    as soon as u have 1.5 fw u can download a devhook to run ur iso or go to CUSTOM fw 3.10oe-a to play ur iso.
    to get what u need go here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads.php
    i'm srry bt i really g2g.if some1 else can pzl help him!ty.or else i'll help u tomorrow.i have to go to church

3. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

Ok ive been reading some other forums and that seems the simplist way of doing it. The only thing is i don't know anyone with a version of GTA:LCS that is unpatched. Ive got one here but ive been told the only way you can do it is if you have got one that is 2.00 not 2.60, 2.60 is the patched version yes. Is there no other way to do it.

Please Help Me I'm desperate ive been on this trying to sort it since 7a.m GMT lol.

Thank You

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

try renting a copy...the best way to tell without actually having to purchase/rent is to look at the back of the case if it says copyright 2005 its unpatched if it says copyright 2006 its patched. if you find the copyright 2005 its safe to purchase/rent.

5. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

exellent where would you reccomend me getting it from. I like the sound of rent. And i would be really greatful if you could find me a link to upgrade my firmware from v1.50 to v3.03oe-c when i get the game. And will this version of firmware be compatible with my psp

thanks greatly

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

Any local video store that rents games will most likely have a copy... like rogers video or blockbuster

theres a link in my signature to get from 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c

7. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

right now ive got all the files etc that i need but the instructions ive been given are pretty vauge. How do i upgrade the firmware when i have got the GTA:LCS disc. Can you give me a blow by blow guide please. And how do i know that v3.03oe-c firmware will be compatible on my psp all i know is that on the bottom of it is a sticker with a kind of barcode on it that at the end says ''psp 1003''.

Thanks Again
    Zac

8. staxx

staxx Regular member

in my signature follow these tutorials...

1.Downgrade from 3.03 to 1.5Here
    2.Need to upgrade from 1.5 to 3.03 oe-c?Here

The downgrade is what you use the gta lcs with. Make sure it is the unpatched 2.00 version of gta lcs. before proceeding.
    The tutorial is pretty straight forward has a few pictures in there as well.

Once you get to step 2, its a winstaller so the only work youll have to do is place the files in your psp and the program does the rest for you.

9. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

ok thanks excellent. Just a few more questions my PSP has no number in the UMD disc tray does this mean the firmware will be incompatible or not. And once the firmware is on the PSP how do i play my games. Will i just have to drag and drop them onto my memory card and they will work or do i need an additional program like this devhook ive been reading about.

Thanks
    Zac

10. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

Excellent, Ive done it, i got my hands on a copt of GTA:LCS and i did everything and now my firmware is at 3.03oe-c. I tried to put a game on however and its not working. I downloaded Ford Street Racing in a CSO. format and ive made the folder ISO in the root and copied the CSO. directly into the folder ISO. NO LUCK!!!!!!!! how do i put it on my memory stick and how do i start it and play it

11. boyet804

boyet804 Member

did u put a umd disc in ur psp

12. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

fix ur sig 804

13. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

do i have to have one in or not

14. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

yes.....after you turn your psp all the way off; restart it while holding down the R trigger, recovery console should come up...

go under configuration, and disable the noUMD option....Also make sure that you have the 1.50 kernel setting enabled....... your ISOs n CSOs should work perfectly now..

give er a go

15. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

ok ive chosen those settings and still no luck. Where should the game show up is it under the game menu on the memory stick and can i just run my cso. file from the folder ISO without using devhook or a similar program

16. boyet804

boyet804 Member

whats wrong with my sig gas?