1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new to the Xbox 360 and want to burn my games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by marcussly, Feb 6, 2007.

1. marcussly

marcussly Member

I'm a rookie when it comes to burning games and have no idea where to start. What do I buy, download, etc? Do I have to take apart my xbox in order to burn games or rip games etc. Thanks to anyone that replies, your help is more than appreciated!!!!

2. addflash

addflash Member

First u need to flash xbox360 drive,then u can burn the games.Which DVD drive u'got in ur xbox?

3. marcussly

marcussly Member

what do you mean flash xbox 360 drive? and how do I find out what DVD drive I have?

4. addflash

addflash Member

5. marcussly

marcussly Member

I have the hatachi drive..... what now? thanks

6. ahhhhhhh

ahhhhhhh Guest

get it flashed by someone who can do it prob cost u £30 ish
    google it or people of ebay do it if you trust them.
    i wouldnt send it off, take it and pick it up.

then read the tutorials for 'xbox backup creator' or/and 'schtrom'
    download either of them programs

then whack a sh-d162c in your pc as the slave drive and a pioneer 111d as your master

the d162c has to be flashed with kreon, you can buy this already done off ebay £25 ish

put game in d162c rip it with either one of mentioned progs
    you will get, i think a .dvd file to where u asked for it to be saved

download clonecd, run it, select the .dvd file and burn it using the pioneer drive on a dual layer verbatim

im a newbie too and through sitting at my pc for a couple of days this is what i know im awaiting delivery of the pioneer so aint tried it yet

PUT ME RIGHT IF IM WRONG PLEASE WILL HELP ME TOO

7. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

if you do flash your drive with firmware, does this stop you from running the normal dashboard or stop you from goin on xbox live or anything. im presuming you wont be able to play back ups on live anyway but if you are using an original?

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You can play backups on Live without any problem. If you need your drive flashed, PM me. I've done countless firmware flashes and even some people on here have sent me their 360. I've always sent it back to them as well. I have no desire to steal a 360 when I have 2 already.

9. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

so im guessin u can get updates and stuff to... this seems to good to be true :-D i heard of a device that u fit to the console to make it easier 2 flash in future what is that called?

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You can get updates the same usual way. When you play the game, and it needs to update, you let it, and you have no problems. The Device is made my Team-Xecuter, and it's called Blaster 360. It is installed in the system, so it makes it easier to flash they system, without having to open your Xbox 360 again.

If you want more guidance on how to Flash your Xbox 360, head over to 360 Mods. They have a Video Tutorial on how to flash your Xbox 360, and this is what I followed, when I flashed mine. Very Helpful!

11. johnho008

johnho008 Member

Hi I am a newbie and done alot of digging around about flashing x360. There are alot of report saying that there is a chance of being ban from Live if you falsh your x360, can anyone confirm this?

12. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

maybe tomarrow or the next day or maybe a year from today, no one knows, but so far no bans have been layed down

13. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

i think this is why im so cautious to do it. im just worried about live... i dont wanna lose it :-( and its not like i can afford to buy a new 360 if it goes wrong in x amount of time... i mean if MS start banning or something...

14. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

if people start getting banned you will notice it rather quickly, you will see it all over the net, so your safe until you see people getting banned

15. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ok thanks for your help ;) i have decided to invest in a blaster soon

16. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Did you know that if you break your Xbox 360, you can just take it to Walmart (even if you didn't buy it there). Just take it to Customer Service, and tell them you want to exchange it for a new one. The first 2 Xbox 360's I had both overheated, and I just took them to Walmart (didn't have a receipt), and they gave me a new one.

17. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

unfortuneately i live in the UK :(

18. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Oh... I didn't know that the UK didn't have Walmart! I don't like them much anyways... They get mad when I ride the Carts there, at 2AM. Seriously, I don't think that an Old Lady will be there that early...

19. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

damn that is my dream to drive one of those but no shops have them here and my nan wont let me ride hers shes worried il crash it :( i know the first thing im doing if i eventually make it to america for a holiday

20. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

asda is the uk's version of wallmart.
    they should exchange your 360 without a recipt.
    as far as i know you only need a recipt for asda if you want your money back.