1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm new to this forum

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xoomz, Nov 23, 2003.

1. xoomz

xoomz Member

and for the last couple of weeks i've studied this forum to try to catch up as best i can. So far this will be my soon to be setup and i was hoping for some opinions. On fri. i ordered a pioneer 106 for 125, today i ordered 25 rivek g04's off ebay and my ps2 will be taken in on dec 1st to the modchipguy to have a magic v installed. i thought of installing it myself but then found out he's like 20 minutes from my house and will install it for 60 bucks so i thought i couldn't go wrong.
    i've dealt extensively with movies to this point and i feel i'm ready to start backing up all my ps2 games. i plan on using nero for my backup purposes but i see there are many other great programs out there to use too. the tutorials are great so any other advice would be greatly appreciated. does this sound like a decent setup?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I'd say use recordnow max... seems like people have better success with it than nero.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

4. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

I would just suggest using DVD Decreptor. It's very easy to use and it's free.

5. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I have burnt over 70 PS2 backups with N*e*r*o and have only had one coaster - which was completely media relataed (6 G japanese game).

It is one of the best packages out there, very easy to use - and easy to get ahold of.

Cheers!

6. xoomz

xoomz Member

I got the 106 from this guy off ebay,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51145&item=2767827360

and i got the riteks from this guy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41794&item=2766943470

the pioneer guy dosent have any up for auction at the moment but he adds them daily.

if the links dont work, search for these 2 guys, arsyssoftop and netsoft-media

i picked up a copy of dvd decryptor and alcohol to give them a try and i already have recordnow max. i'm really looking forward to getting this all set up.

7. xoomz

xoomz Member

Cyprien, thats a bookmark. Thanks