1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new to this!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Wolf15, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Wolf15

Wolf15 Guest

Ok, i'm a lil new so i kinda need help...It says on my DVD player which I just got last night that It can play DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, CD-R, CD-RW and all that. So I wanted to try to make a movie of one that I had downloaded on Kazaa (Incubus Concert) but when I thought I had it burnt right on my CD-R it didn't work....any help with this would be gretly appreciated
    ~Thanx

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What did you use to convert it to vcd?? and what did you use to burn it to a disk??

3. Wolf15

Wolf15 Guest

I used VCDeasy to burn and used a normal Verbatim CD-RW and it burnt everything ok but when i went to play it in my DVD player it said no disk so i must of made an error some where:(

4. Dela

I think it could be the media that you are using some media might not be perfect in your dvd player.

5. Wolf15

Wolf15 Guest

Well what should i do or try? I really wanna be able do burn at least one thing into it:(

6. Dela

Well you said a verbatim CD-RW disk right. Try cd-r media and see if there is any change!

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

what file format is it in? you can't just put an .avi file onto cd and expect your player to play it.. you must first encode in TMPGenc, and then copy to cd using Nero, VCDeasy, etc..

8. Wolf15

Wolf15 Guest

Nevermind all, I fixed it....the problem was with VCDeasy, so i tryed Nero 5.5 and it works now:)

9. Dela

I use Nero to burn some of my vcd's too and I find it excellent. VCDeasy should have worked though so thats a little strange!