1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if this is goin to work ? (plse advise)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by duttch, Oct 27, 2004.

1. duttch

duttch Member

i'm another newbie burning/backing up my dvd collection!! and doin my first disk

i've got a sony dru-700A dual layer burner.........

i'm doin 'dawn of the dead' - i've got dvd decrypter & copied a iso to by hard drive, do i now burn this to a verbatim dvd+ 8.5g disk ? .......is this right? will it work with sound and picture quality ????

Im goin to burn iso file to disk with nero burning rom 6 -se- 6.3.1.10 sony edition ???

does the movie get around the copyright software????

thanks guys for any help (i dont think this will work because its just too simple in the process :)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Yup that is how it's suppose to work :) Just make sure you choose in Decrypter ISO Write W.

Post back with your results.

3. duttch

duttch Member

thanks flip, thats what i've done - at thhis piont i still haven't copied it due to playing the iso file with daemon software - the pic was very good but there was no sound while playin? i'm not sure if its meant to have sound or just used to check iso files? i really am not sure,

question : when i copied the dvd disk with decrypter and got a iso file, it does copy the sound ? even on the orginal disk or its seems there no files ?

another silly question : why is there nothing in the audio_ts folder?

thanks for any help - guys - I'm a bad newbie when its comes to this kind of stuff :)

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What are you using to play the file? Even though you mount the ISO with Daemon tools you still need a player.

Not sure why the audio_ts file is empty, but that is consistant with what I get ... audio_ts file is always empty.

5. duttch

duttch Member

flip

i'm just using windows media playr with Daemon Tools and i've also briefly viewed it with nero showtime just to see if it plays......if you have used daemon tools before to check your iso. file did you get any sound when checking movie? i tried another movie and that also did not have any sound - i have not burnt the movie yet because i just a bit worried that i may not get any sound if i do ???

when burning, do you create a audio_ts file or just dont worry about it?

thanks