1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm not too sure if this will work (any advice)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by duttch, Oct 27, 2004.

1. duttch

duttch Member

i'm another newbie burning/backing up my dvd collection!! and doin my first disk

i've got a sony dru-700A dual layer burner.........

i'm doin 'dawn of the dead' - i've got dvd decrypter & copied a iso to by hard drive, do i now burn this to a verbatim dvd+ 8.5g disk ? .......is this right? will it work with sound and picture quality ????

Im goin to burn iso file to disk with nero burning rom 6 -se- 6.3.1.10 sony edition ???

does the movie get around the copyright software????

thanks guys for any help (i dont think this will work because its just too simple in the process :)

ps i've just dwload daemon tool to look at my iso file whick looks good but has no sound????

2. colw

colw Active member

If you are using the latest version of Decrypter, you should have no problems with your process.

Decrypter will circumvent copyright protection so you should have no problems in this area.

Since you used Decrypter to rip, you should also use it as your burner - ISO Write mode.

Not sure about Nero - it is a earlier version and may not support dual layer and if it is a OEM version may have some functions disabled.

Similarly not sure about deamon but if you used Decrypter to read your ISO it should also burn with no problems.

3. duttch

duttch Member

thanks colw - but now i just abit concerned about sound for the dvd after playing the iso file with daemon and not hearing anything - ?

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

duttch,

Hmmm...if you have a sound problem, then it's not gonna matter whether you burn with nero or decrypter. nero does, btw, support DL burning.

I just did that movie and shrink couldn't do it, so i had to use nero recode with anydvd. If you have nero, why not rip with decrypter in file mode to your HD and open recode and use those files. Or if you have Anydvd, just open recode and burn straight to disc :>)

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually, I just thought of something else, since it is dual layer, right? You could rip to your HD with decrypter in file mode, and just open burn express since there is no need for compression or editing. Choose your DL burner in the drop down menu in the top right hand corner, hit next,add the files to burn express and hit next, and hit burn, done :>)

BTW, if you haven't yet, the new updates(reloaded) for nero 6.3 are out, 6.6 There are a bunch of improvements including NVE3 and a newer recode, you might want to update.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  6. game9999

game9999 Guest

duttch did you ever get this to copy?and if so how did you do it i cannot copy this movie
    game

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

game, what did you use to try to copy and what were your steps?

8. duttch

duttch Member

hi guys, (thanks for reply)

umm i still haven't tried that burn yet,

with playing back either file of iso. or mode. files i still dont get no sound? It should play with sound?
    ?right? both copied with decrypter?
    i will also update nero - because i will hopefully burn soon :) mayb -

game yesterday was my first attempt at this kind of stuff - i just used decrypter to put the iso. / mode. files onto Hard Drive to burn later on, but i cant get sound , i should mayb tried this step again!!with another dvd to see if that works - i'll try this now

9. duttch

duttch Member

ok no sound, does this matter??

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You could try burning to a RW disc unless you're trying to do a dual layer disc, that way , no coaster.

Just because you're not getting sound doesn't mean your burn won't work. The problem could be in the software player, or your PC, or operator error, etc.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004