1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm ready to give up

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DonnieD99, Mar 28, 2004.

1. DonnieD99

DonnieD99 Member

Okay guys...this is my last effort to try to get this working...I have an older chip that I have to use the Gameshark with...My PS2 will run backups that other people make for me but I bought a burner to do it myself and I can't...I use programs like Nero and DVD Decrypter and Alochol...I can make images fine and burn fine but when I load the game up, all i see is a black screen...The occasional time i get a bit of the game but it will stop and do nothing...I'd really like some help and it would be apprecitated...thank you

2. hunter929

hunter929 Member

what media are you using, what speed are you burning, what burner, what game's?

3. DonnieD99

DonnieD99 Member

I'm using Maxell and Memorex DVD-R's...I can't seem to burn at less than 2 for some reason...I select 1x as the speed but it goes to 2x...My burner is a Lite-on 451S and games I've tried are MVP 2004, Mlb 2005, Finding Nemo works for a second or 2 along with Trivial pursuit

4. hunter929

hunter929 Member

I’ll probably catch some heat for this(people tell me it shouldnt matter), but this is just my personal experience. When I used to use Memorex some of my backups would start, then freeze, or do nothing at all. Since I changed to TDK I have not had any problems, 18 working fine, no coasters. Nero should burn and read at whatever you set it, that’s what I use 99% of the time no problems. Hope this helps.

5. offset

offset Regular member

I honestly think the Memorex DVD-R's are crap. My PS2 wouldn't read them half the time, or it would skip all over the place. After buying 30 dollars worth of them and making 15 coasters (that don't absorb water worth a crap), I pulled my head out of my butt and bought Maxell DVD-R's. So far...I have made perfect copies.