1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really confused about the new dashboard update... please help..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dorian614, Jun 8, 2011.

1. dorian614

dorian614 Member

If this question(or series of questions) has been answered, I apologize. I've read thread after thread and either the answer wasn't there, or I was thoroughly confused.. so here I go..

I have the firmware on my 360(done by a tech) for the Kinect Dashboard, right after Fable 3 started becomming unplayable... I have not updated my dash since then(and don't plan to).

I keep reading that there is a new dash update, and that there is a new method Microsoft is using so that more of a dual layered DVD's space is used up.. Now here's where the confusion comes in..

If I NEVER plan on updating my dash, will I still need to update to the new LT 2.0 firmware when it comes out? My 360 is banned and I honestly never cared about live to begin with.

As for the games themselves... are there any games out yet that are just flat out unplayable on my 360 in it's current form? What about abgx... does that update the discs??

Again, I did try to find these specific answers, but ended up more confused than I started. So thanks in advance for any help.

2. jpizzle

jpizzle Regular member

when games start to be released in the new format you will need to update your dash and dvd drive fw in order to play them.