1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im really confused

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dsf4703, Jul 11, 2007.

1. dsf4703

dsf4703 Member

Im a proper noob, please forgive me

Hi guys, im really new to this stuff, i know how to do cds thats about it,

i have my 360 flashed (dont know what the name of it is tho) and its also done on my orignal drive, nothing has been added other than the flash, i want to start coping games myself, i brought blank dl discs, but i cant for the life of me figure this out, i have read many many threads and links to doing so, but i always seem to knacker up the discs,

i dont understand all the abbreviations such as ISO, etc, aint got the slightest clue,

could someone please please help me out with guides to these abbreviations (well, the ones i will need to know about) and also a tutorial and software guide to start doing games myself,

thanx

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

ISO is a file type, firstly, there is no guide out there that will explain all these extensions, as they are so many, and its like reading a dictionary, anyway, copying games is quite simple, firstly, tell us how you are trying to make your backups?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

easiest method/
    1. get a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive on Ebay flashed with Kreon firmware for you PC.
    2. download Xbox Backup Creator V2.4 and IMGburn V2.1
    3. put disc in SH-D162C drive and let it load up
    4. start XBC V2.4 and go to drive tools tab and click unlock drive
    5.go to read tab, make sure full backup option has a green dot, then click start
    6. after image is made open IMGburn and select the IMAGE file (you will know it as it will be the biggest one in size if you have two files)
    7. set the layer break in IMGburn
    The first time DVD Decrypter or ImgBurn is used to backup 360 games, the layer break will need to be set manually. Xbox 360 games will not boot when burned with these programs if this step is skipped! To set the layer break in DVD Decrypter go to tools-->settings-->ISO write mode-->layer break. Check the user specified box. Type in 1913760 and click ok. This is only necessary the first time
    8. now burn the game at 4X speed.

Note: If your 360 has a Hitachi DVD drive you must booktype all of your games to DVD-Rom or they will not work. It is not needed with Samsung drives but it is HIGHLY recomended that you do it with all games you make. If your burner can not booktype then you may want to buy one that can.
    This is the best guide i know
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutori...ups-samsung-sh-d162c-xbox-backup-creator.html

4. dsf4703

dsf4703 Member

Thats just it, i havent a clue...i used the post thats was in a previuos thread by rotten eggs, the disc burns but only takes like 3 mins, therefore the disc being no good, when i load it in my 360 i just get a message saying "please put this disc in a 360"

all my 360 componants are factory based, nothing has been added to it, i also want to copy copied games too, as my friends have lent me some, but having probs doing those aswell

5. dsf4703

dsf4703 Member

also im doing this from a laptop, dont know if this will help you out

6. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Firstly, you cant copy xbox 360 games by inserting the original in any pc drive, the only PC drive that has the ability to read xbox 360 games is the Samsung-Toshiba SH-D162A/SH-D162C Drive, one is an IDE drive, while the other is a SATA drive, the drive will need to be flashed with kreons firmware which you can download from various places, or you can buy a ready flashed drive from ebay just as steimy said.
    When you insert an original xbox 360 disk into your standard pc drive, all the computer reads is the dvd video section, as the rest is locked data. So when you copy it, it only copies the disk as a DVD disk. If you were to insert an original in your computer and open Windows Media Player, and click play, you will see the same thing come up that comes up with your copies that only take 3 mins to burn, they are only copying a small portion of the disk.

You can copy games by connecting your 360 drive upto your pc via a SATA port, however this method is quite complex, so I do not recommend you follow this method if you dont feel comfortable with technicle things. Otherwise I can go over the process of how to do so.
    Hope some of this information helps.

BTW:
    I also use a laptop to copy my 360 games, I have got a Samsung-Thoshiba D162C drive flashed with the kreon firmware, connected to a USB dvd drive enclosure, that way the drive can be connected to my laptop through its usb port, and I can make rips of original games using Xbox Backup Creator.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  7. dsf4703

dsf4703 Member

ok, so your saying i basically need to get 1 of those samsung drives then...grrrr, nevermind, are you sure there is no software available to download that will sort out this whole process

8. steimy

steimy Active member

currently that is the easiest way. take it or leave it.