1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im stumped...10 bucks says you will be too! dvd-eject issue

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by gsuscrazy, Dec 26, 2004.

1. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

i have a phillips drive, and it has gone insane. when i power on the xbox, and get into the evo dash, it sits there thinkin that the tray is open(in reality the tray is closed) i press the eject button, and it hangs on "ejecting" the light on the system just flashes green the whole time. BUT..if i put a disc in, and launch an ftp program, even tho it says "ejecting" or "open" i will have the program read the disc drive, and copy the materials over...but sometimes it just doesnt do anything, and i have to reboot. i have tried a thompson drive, it works fine (except the fact is doesnt read discs anymore!) so it has to do with the drive...but where? what? i have racked my brain over this, and nothin seems to be coming to light about it...if anyone has advice, holler at me..thanks.

2. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

I had a similar problem after installing a duo-x2 chip. The problem was that the BT connection wasn't set properly. What I learned is that you have to desolder that point before connecting the wire. That took care of the problem that I was having. Good Luck.