1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm suprised this isnt here yet

Discussion in 'PS2' started by spckwol, Sep 23, 2004.

1. spckwol

spckwol Member

I'm trying to network my PS2, so I can send all my .elf files to my HDD, and use keylauncher to launch them from there. I'm using the guide at http://lookatthemonkeys.com/html/ps2tut.html which is very helpful. I skipped the steps of creating the disk with the correct IP addresses, instead I created a save using ps2save builder to create X-port saves and sent the EXECFTPS.ELF and CONFIG.DAT to my memory card. Using FlashFXP it tells me I'm connected but never shows my PS2 folders. The cat5 cable is good, the router is how I'm sending this out right now. The 2 things I could not do, however, is log into my router and use that to check my PS2's IP address. But we have 2 computers on the network 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.100.101 on ports 4 and 3 respectively. Port 2 should logically be 192.168.1.102. Just to confirm this I manually configured my PS2's network adapter using the CD with gateway-192.168.1.1, subnet-255.255.255.0, PS2's IP-192.168.1.102 and the DNS addresses I found on my computer. Voila, with these settings PS2 verified its settings and told me it was all set up. I will try one more thing and that is to get the linksys SW from a computer I stored it on a while ago.

All in all I think I'm almost there, I think I just need some help from someone with experience in networking and ftp or better yet in networking PS2s

sorry, didnt mean to double post, I think I started writing when the other one was posted

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

I need some help with this too!
    I just got a crossover cable and was trying network my ps2 to my pc, I run the network diagnostic, the lP works, but when it check the DNS it gives an error message.
    where can I find my DNS settings?

3. Serath

Serath Member

Set your PS2's DNS to the same as its gateway and all should be well. That's how I've got mine set.

4. spckwol

spckwol Member

I finally got it. Use the guide as is, but use your network set up disk to set your IP addresses manually, which means you need to know your gateway(router) and you can set your own PS2 IP address(within reason). All I did was change the IP address for the PS2 for 192.168.1.150 and changed the corresponding programs, and it works great. I am currently ripping Road Trip to see if I can transfer it using hte network and play it on my PS2 from the HDD. A few more uses include creating images for those elf files that can fill a memory card. Create an imae with the system file, send it to the PS2 HDD and there you go.

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

anyone know how to do it all WITHOUT a router

i am using a crossover cable to connect my ps2 direcly to my pc's ethernet port

only, everytime i burn the disc and boot it up, the ip of the ps2 changes :(

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Use the PS2 Network Setup disc to create a profile that statically configures your TCP/IP settings.

7. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

wont that affect my normal netowrk play though?

-x-x-x-

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It could, if you have another memory card try saving a new network profile to that one.

9. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

okay, i dont have one, but i can get one..........or get a hub/router

thnx for helping :)

-x-x-x-

10. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

you dont need tu get another mem card Glenn, you can add a new profile to the same card.
    I still cant get this thing set up! do I need to use ICS? I have xp, when I go to the advanced tab it says something about WMI and coruppted files? anyone know what I should do.

11. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, i set it up through my modem's built in router now

(after i re-jigged my home network today, the ethernet port on my modem became available, so i connected my ps2 straight to that and it plays online fine, and it also seems to connect to the pc fine via that program "Kai Xlink")

but, i still can't seem to get ftp acess

i set ip to 10.0.0.4
    netmask i kept as 255.255.255.0
    and gateway i set as 10.0.0.2 (my modem's built in router)

but when i type in ftp://10.0.0.4

it either takes FOREVER saying "searhcing", or it also soemtiems says "cannot understand 500"

could it be because i am using windows explorer?

what ftp client works well with this?

-x-x-x-

12. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

woohoo

it works

i use FlashFXP and i turned off "passive mode" and now it connects and i can see my folders woo

-x-x-x-

13. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

wow

THANKX FOR THE LINK

that is an excellent tutorial

now i have both execftp and faplink on my mem card

i think i might have to buy a new mem card soon anywyas

cos i have so many programs on there now that theres little room for actual game saves, haha

i have ps2k menu, faplink, execftp, hdloader, cogswaploader, ahaha

and now i can add more with the ftp thing without having to burn a whoel load of cd's

THANX AGAIN

-x-x-x-