1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im trying to connect my xbox 360 to my pc so I can stream my music, photos, and movies. I need help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by McFly87, Feb 11, 2007.

1. McFly87

McFly87 Guest

So I can stream my music, photos, and movies. I need help!!!!

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

if you run xp media centre you can do it via your xbox dashboard in the media blade. if you don't run xp media centre then you need a program called windows media connect or windows media player 11. this will allow you to view pics, play music and watch videos' from your pc (only wmv files through media connect though)

3. McFly87

McFly87 Guest

i have am running windows xp on my computer, and when i connect it says wired connection which is right, then the next step says failed

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

im getting the same problem.
    iv got windows media player 11 and iv allowed file sharing to me 360 but i cant get it connected. it fails at finding the ip address, even though iv entered it manually.

5. Lancer68

Lancer68 Member

Same here. Both with media player11 and Zune. I had it working for awhile but something went wrong now nothing.

6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

you could use tversity. anyways the streamed videos dont look that great.

7. bitemeto

bitemeto Member

if you update your pc to vista you can run the 360's mediacenter as long as your pc's on just follow the onscreen instructions

8. schweet

schweet Guest

Something is definitely goin on, some people have no drama sharing the 360 with WMP 11 and other people it just doesn't work period.

I personally had no problem streaming music, pics and WMV files, and I set it up with the same method as you.

Hopefully some light will be shed on this at some point from someone in the know, I still cant make a playlist in WMP 11 and have it come up properly on the 360.

It seems that it's just buggy and needs a little tweak from MS.

Edit: I'd alos just like to note that it seem to work best whenh connecting to the pc via a modem router.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  9. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

iv got my 360 connected to my pc now and can play music n view pics but i cant stream any video's.
    iv been told i need an update on my xbox to enable video streaming. is that right?
    also, is there anyway of copying my music,pics to my xbox hard drive?
    if not, isnt this pc to xbox thing a little over rated cos i can look at pics and play music on my pc with a lot less hasstle than connecting to my xbox.
    cheerz. x

10. bholm311

bholm311 Member

I can also view pics and listen to music, but I can't seem to find any of my movies. What's the deal.