1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm using virtual router manager v0.9 beta, always shown me router can't be started!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mac_t13, Sep 10, 2012.

1. mac_t13

mac_t13 Regular member

i'm using Thomson ST536 v6 ADSL modem for my internet surfing with window 7. Now i would like to connect my wifi tablet to my laptop to download game. I tried download connectify and virtual router manager v0.9 beta but either I can connect wifi, can't go online at all(don't know why) or the connection just cut off after shortly. May I know what are the device I can buy to connect to have a stable wifi connection? Where to plug the device. My ADSL modem only left one usb slot. Thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

setup a wirelss network & enable file sharing for all devices like laptop & tablet.

3. mac_t13

mac_t13 Regular member

I've enable the control panel>network & internet>network & sharing center>set up a new connection>setup a wireless ad hoc (computer to computer) network. Then i give network a name and key in the passwork. I can detect the name in my tablet wifi but when it just always disconnected after scanning. On my laptop below right hand corner there is one small computer icon shown Realtek PCIe FE Family controller 192.168.... & Realtek RTL8187B wireless 802.11bg 54Mbps DISCONNECTED! Is it this dicconected problems that caused the problems. I'm really lost. Thanks

4. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

one thing to do is set the host computer to be an internet connection sharing (ICS) machine.