1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm wondering whats the best OS to use for DVD authoring

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by drexx, Nov 19, 2002.

1. drexx

drexx Guest

My question is this i have the trial version of Spruce up and i use windows XP with my Sony DRU-500a everytime i try to edit the the movie which is in .m1v and .mpa format the program crashes. I have noticed that spruceup is really only supported under windows 2000 should i go back to 2000 or should i just find another program that works under XP. My only problem with this is that when i use DVDit i can never fit 2 movies on to one disc cause it is always made bigger then the DIsc. i would appricate the feed back thanks in advance DreXX

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

drexx,

I use Spruce Up with XP (Home) no problems, but I use m2v format for my video & ac3 for the audio.

What type of editing are you trying to do ?

and why try and fir 2 movies per disc. It's hard enough trying to fit 1.

HomerJ

3. drexx

drexx Guest

Hey HomerJ well maybe it is just that cause i use .m2v and .mpa files because they are SVCD files that were in Video CD format which is .dat. Well i might try and convert the video to .m1v maybe this will change it cause i just went to windows 2000 and it does the same thing so i deffinitly know it is not the OS :p well final thing is that it crashes when i go to add Chapter points in the video. well i try to do 2 movies is cause it should Fit and if i think it can be done. The only other thing is that i have made 2 DVDs with this program but they were VCDs in VCD format converted to .m1v and .mpa /.mp2 and those work so i guess i should try this program again with a regular one before converting cause maybe its Spruceup well maybe you can make some sense out of this and help me thanks in advance.! DreXX

4. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

drexx

Sorry, can't be of much help, I rip and burn DVDs, not SVCD.

And, seeing as you too have a DVD burner, why not do the same ?

Much better quality.

HomerJ