1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image File too big to fit on one DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dgraham77, Oct 18, 2004.

1. dgraham77

dgraham77 Guest

I have an image file that is well over the standard 4.7 GB format. Is there a program that I could use to have it span onto more than one disk?

Input would be appreciated.

Thank You.

2. scavpc

scavpc Guest

You could mount it in DVD decrypter and then use DVD shrink to fit it on 1 disk.

Dave

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

If you have nero 6.1.3 & Dvd shrink, read & compress with shrink & burn with nero. (enable burn with nero in shrink edit/preferences/fileIO) It should burn automatically. I have 2 108 burners, read with one - burn with the other. It works seamlessly for me! I have never had to use decrypter (yet!). Having said all of that I have just read your thread properly, oh, use more than one disc, whoops! I use shrink & platinum for over size dvds. I have burnt up to 7.5gig & I think the results are really good. But that is just my personal opinion about quality. Depends how your eyesight is! Never really thought of splitting films up. I would get annoyed having to change the disc through the film! I have always been really pleased with the results. Give shrink a whirl & see how it goes. I have found the best way to learn is to jump in with both feet. Use RW media, 'cos you may get a few practice errors.