1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

image files and nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by barflyuk, Jan 20, 2007.

1. barflyuk

barflyuk Member

Hi - I just looked in the sticky guides and I couldn't find anything that clarifies exactly WHICH image files Nero is capable of burning.

I know it can do IMA boot files (though I don't know what they are - are they image files that will boot prior to the OS loading?); and it also seems capable of doing single ISO files (as I just tried burning a data CD with just a single ISO on it, and it prompted me to use the CD Image function... though I can't find how to access that function directly!).

But the question is... can it do BIN/CUE image files (like Alcohol 120 does), and what other image files is it capable of (are CCD / IMG files image files?).

Sorry for the barrage of questions - I'd just like to try & clear up my (lack of) understanding of the different types of image files.

Cheers in advance for any help! Regards, Martin

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Depends on your version of Nero. Checking compatibility is fairly simple. In Nero open the app that burns disc images. And select the option to "Open"/"Select" a disc image. In the resulting window were you would normally select the iso file look at the drop down menu on the bottom it tells you all the files that Nero supports.