1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image files wont burn !! HELP!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by aphex182, Dec 11, 2003.

1. aphex182

aphex182 Member

Ive dl'd a few movies l8ly, inside th folders are msinfo docs, cd rom image file and a 1kb cue which opens with notepad. Now im using nero startsmart, ive gone to burn the cue file but i get an error, also if i try to burn the image i get a box that come sup saying unexpected file format. Ive extracted 1 of the films with WinISO and some1 mentioned to me burning the mpeg data file as a svcd copy, tried that and nothing comes up on my dvd player except the length of the film, any ideas for this n00ble?

2. aphex182

aphex182 Member

When i try to burn the cue file i get this : cannot open the file C:\FAT-SA~1.BIN

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Thats because the BIN file isnt located in the place that the CUE file tells Nero it is. Either that or you renamed the BIN to a name other than the one specified by the CUE.

You can create CUE files for BIN images by first drag-and-dropping the BIN file onto CDMage. It will popup a dialog box asking you to specify the interpretation format. Trial and error will get one to to successfully open the image. Once it is opened, File --> Save As and give it a new name. CDMage will resave the BIN file but now also include a CUE file to go with it.

4. aphex182

aphex182 Member

Thx bud i got sorted, i used vcdgear software to convert the image to an mpeg 8) thx again