1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

image not filling disc.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dandoom, Mar 3, 2004.

1. dandoom

dandoom Member

if the image dont fill ur backup disc does it still work with messiah chip?Ive got iss pro evo 3 and the image it gives is only 2.47gb,half of my disc,my ps2 wont read it.Isnt an image supposed to be an exact copy of your disc?Why is it twice as small as the original?am i doing it wrong?

2. Entwined

Entwined Member

Uh you do know not every game fills a DVD-R right? Just because its on a DVD originally doesn't mean its 4GB. Also...was your chip professionally installed?

3. dandoom

dandoom Member

I think it was profesionally installed.The guy wouldnt let me see what he did to it.He called me after i dropped my ps2 off in the shop.When he give it me back he said the digital sound from the back of the ps2 wouldnt work due to him chipping it,and it dont.I did ask him for the messiah chip which cost me £100 in the end.reset once 4 ps2 cd backups,twice for ps1 backups.Even tho it dont fill a disc should it still work in my ps2?cos i cant get my backups to load.Tw@t.

4. Entwined

Entwined Member

For PS2 games you shouldnt have to reset. You got ripped, he gave you a Magic.

5. dandoom

dandoom Member

Whats magic?how do i back my own games then?iam confused now.

6. Entwined

Entwined Member

Magic 3.1, a chip that sells for half of the price of a Messiah 2. Also...he probably didn't do a good install, or 100% definitely put a Magic chip in there as he wouldn't show you the work.

Its the same process to backup the games but...I need more info. What version is your PS2? What country are you from? What type of DVD-R's are you using...etc.

7. dandoom

dandoom Member

Just checked ps2 again.I dont know why the guy who chipped it said that i had to reset my ps2 to work it, cos i just left them to run without resetting and they worked.I have messiah!why arent my backups working?

8. Entwined

Entwined Member

Ok well this is a start then..you do have a Messiah.

Um...what type of discs are you burning to, what brand...what type of drive you using, and what program?

9. dandoom

dandoom Member

my ps2 is a version 4,i checked that out last night.8 screws uderneath with laser hazaed on bottom.Iam from manchester,england.The brand of disc is bulkpac data,video and console general purpose 4Xspeed generation discs.Everthing should work but doesnt when im backing up!

10. Entwined

Entwined Member

go to http://www.dvddecrypter.com download that and try it. For PS2 games put the disc in your DVD burner, set it to Iso Mode Read, create the Iso. Then go to Iso Mode Write, put in your blank, load up the Iso and burn. If the backup doesn't work with DVD Decrypter, I think its your discs, sounds like a cheap generic brand of DVD-R's.

11. dandoom

dandoom Member

my drive is pioneer,dont know which.how do you find out what drive ive got properly?

12. dandoom

dandoom Member

Ill try the decryptor method.when i tried it beforei put my original in the top drive of my pc the cd drive.the bottom drives my burner.shuold i be putting my originals in the bottom drive when creating the iso's?

13. Entwined

Entwined Member

Well, I use my DVD-RW drive to rip and burn the disc as I don't have an extra DVD-ROM drive setup...so yeah use the same drive for Iso making, and Iso burning with DVD decrypter

As for finding out what your drive is, does it burn at 2X, or 4X? Also, is it capable of burning DVD-R and DVD+R? If its 4X but only DVD-R(W), its the Pioneer A05, if its 4X and does DVD+R(W) also its the Pioneer A06.

14. dandoom

dandoom Member

4Xspeed dvd- not +

15. Entwined

Entwined Member

Thats a quality burner just picky about media. If you can find some Ritek G04 DVD-R's. These are the best discs I've found, work well in all PS2 versions, even ultra picky V1-4 PS2's. It could very well just be the media you're using, so try an order some Ritek's if possible. I can't tell you where to find them in the UK though, I live in the USA.

16. dandoom

dandoom Member

sorry 4Xspeed dvd-r(w)

17. dandoom

dandoom Member

thanks for the help matey,wish i was living in america its So cold here.Cheers!

18. Entwined

Entwined Member

glad I could help. If ya need anything else feel free to PM me, I'll see what I can do.