1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMAGE PATCHE!!!!! HELP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hacker26, Apr 26, 2004.

1. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

ok so i figured out how to burn the games, but what do i burn the games wiht, a dvd burner, cd burner, or what? and what discs do i use a dvd r or what, also after the burn i would love to play online iwht them, now i heard swap magic works but i dont want to have to swap discs what works that is cheap and reliable, also when it comes to playing online with the dnas i no peopel are saying use a image patcher 1.5 but how do i use it and how do i put it on the burn game??? thank you soo much if you help me out i mean you will be really doing a lot for me!!! THANKS

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

first question, do you have a dvd burner? If not, then i don't need to answer the rest of your questions.

3. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

yes i have a dvd burner

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Secondly, you MUST have either swap magic and fliptop or slide card (i recommend the fliptop), or a mod chip (not sure if all modchips will work though).

Once you have one or the other, you load the Disc id utility (get at ps2nfo.com) in your ps2. Then you insert an Original copy of the game you want to backup. This will give you the DNAS ID number. You then run the image patcher on your computer, open the image of the game and patch the image with the DNAS ID number from the original.

I have tested this with Fight Night 2004 using Swap magic and fliptop.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  5. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

see thats where i get confused, i thought we just needded a disc for swap magic? now i need a flip top?? and mod chips dont work for online dnas will block it, also you lost me on the boot image thingy i dont no what your talking abotu i need a little bit easier instructions

6. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

like you lost me when you said i needed to put the utility on my ps2 then put orignial game in, i jsut dont get it can you like be more specific and orderly

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

On ps2nfo.com (in the forums) there is the Disc ID Utility and Image Patcher. You need both programs.

You burn the Disc ID Utility to a cd and need to use swapmagic or a modchip to load it on your ps2.

To use swapmagic, you either need a slide card, fliptop, or no solder mod.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 105, Memorex 4X DVD-R
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  8. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

lol wow what a wast of money or so i burn the first program to a cdr and put it into my ps2 using the swap magic and say slide card, what then the disc loads up or sumtin? what happens from there?

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Then you hit eject and put in the original game (the one you want to backup). Hit x, and it will give you the disc id.

10. hacker26

hacker26 Regular member

o ok, then once i get that id i use what program again? the image patcher 1.5 is it? i load that up input the codes and patch it, but how do i put it to the back up do i like click the file i want to be patched or sumtin? also would a mod chip work or sumtin? i hear it can adn the ni ehar it cant becasue dnas will pick it up....

11. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

to patch your game, open up Image Patcher 1.5 on your computer. when it load up, click "Select Image File" then select the image of the game you want to patch. then click "Scan". after that click "Verify Version". then put in the Disk ID and click patch.