1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image to disc

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by SDempsey, Feb 19, 2007.

1. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Hi
    I have an ISO image on my hard drive that I downloaded. When I download it and clicked on it,it opened up Nero. I burnt an image of the file to the HD (now I have two of them)the question is, can I convert this to a normal data cd that will auto run?

Thanks
    Seamus

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If you are trying to burn the image to a CD or DVD, in Nero Burning ROM, look under Recorder-Burn Image.

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

An ISO image file is just a bit by bit representation of a disk, DVD or CD. You can either select to burn an image file in Nero to DVD or CD depending on which recorder you select. You can also use ImgBurn in Write mode.

http://www.imgburn.com (free)

Whether the disk autoplays depends on what type of disk it is and whether your system is set up to autoplay?

If you "burned" another ISO to your hard drive, you must have had the Image Recorder selected as the output device and not a burner. Do you know for sure whether the ISO is a CD ISO or a DVD ISO?

4. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Thanks for replying.

The image is an application in ISO format. I burnt it to disc and all i get is a duplicate of the image. I cant access the image file itself. if I click open it just opens up nero wanting to burn it again ??????

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

OK, burning is a separate step, as I mentioned earlier. Open Nero Burning ROM and cancel out of the options window. Go to Recorder-Burn Image. Select the image you want to burn (***.iso) and burn.

You might just be able to double click on the image and Nero will open with the DVD image option, and all you have to do is hit the burn button.

If you burned an image, you should be able to put the disc in the drive and use it just like the original CD/DVD.

If you did not "Burn Image", you probably just burned the file to the disc, and it won't work that way.

This all assumes the file downloaded correctly.

6. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Got it lads.

It was in some format called RAR,I only had ZIP.
    Anyway all done, thanks a lot for the help.

Seamus