1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imation dvd+r's.............

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Mumbles19, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

Hey ya'll if anyone can help me out with some dvd+r's it'd be greatly appreciated..

My boyfriend just recently got a new dvd burner, on the box it said DVD+RW/DVD+R or somethin close to that. He has DVD-R's that will burn and play on his personal dvd player. I have Imation DVD+R's and we burned em on his computer and they will not play. Can anyone tell me why this is or what the difference is between the dvd+r and the dvd-r??

Thanks

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im not realling understanding your post. you are saying that your boyfriend has a +r/+rw burner and was able to burn -r media?? i find that impossible since +r/+rw will only burn +r media. with what burner does he burns his dvd-r's?

3. Mumbles19

Mumbles19 Member

4. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

well the burner that your man has is a dual format burner, meaning it should burn both +r/-r format media. the question about differences of +r/-r media is nothing really. just that some dvd players are only formatted to play dvd-r media. but this was a long time ago, now almost every dvd player will play any format. as far as why its not burning imation.. well that might depend on the program you are using, and what you are trying to burn. let me know so i can try to help you