1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imation Media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Helfire, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Helfire

Helfire Member

Could anyone tell me if Imation DVD+R media is any good and worth trying?

Thanx for the help.

2. AquaLuna

AquaLuna Member

I bought a pack of imation 4x dvd+r a while back, they worked well not one coaster :) but I do remember they only wanted to burn at the slowest speed.. :/ Might of just been my burner though ^^

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

I don't like them that much, have had some coasters but I gess they are all right.

4. Helfire

Helfire Member

Thanx might just give them a go to see if they are any good...

Kind of hard to get good reasonable priced DVD media here in Ireland...retailers seem to wanna rip us off cos they know its hard for us to buy them elsewhere!!

Anyway thanx again

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Can't you find an online store that will ship to Ireland? The one I see most often recommended is supermediastore.

I know this isn't much help, but I really liked the Imation cd-r. Haven't tried the dvd-r though. You could check one with dvd identifier and see who makes them. That may give some insight into whether they're any good or not.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

The Imation in the +r, is RICOHJPNR00 the -r is CMC MAG.
    The +r is very good dye, and the -r is pure crap IMHO.

7. mvtip

mvtip Guest

I have Imation -R, 8x which are made in India. Usind DVD Identifier, it said it is Fujifilm03. Is this good media?

8. dvdauthor

dvdauthor Guest

I thought they were good about two years ago - but I recently bought 50 white inkjet printable dvd-r's and they suck! I love the smooth surface and all, but if I put any more than an hour on them, I get all kinds of freezing/pixelation and sometimes they won't burn at all.

go with Taiyo Yudens.