1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imation or memorex dual layer discs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TY4ever, Feb 11, 2007.

1. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Hi!I would like to know if anyone has success with memorex or imation dvd+r dl on their hitachi firmware flashed/nme chipped xbox 360?Why i'm asking this because i bought mine in Asia and it was ready to play back up games,so i really don't know if they have just flashed the firmware or used a chip(as they said,may be they are lying,i don't know).Is there a way without opening my box(because i'm a real zero about that)to know if it's firmware flashed or chipped?

Now the thing is that where i'm from,there's no Verbatim dual layer discs,i've tried some crappy ones but no success at all though other people have used them without any problem,but i don't know if their drives are samsung or hitachi because from what i've read hitachi is the worst in media compatibility unlike samsung drives.Before the burn ,i did make sure that the iso was well patched and patched it again for nme(from what i've read,even if an xbox360 has extreme firmware it will be able to play a game which has been patched for nme chipped xbox),booktyped to dvd-rom,burn at 2.4x.So i guess i'm doing everything fine and may be it's just the crappy medias i've been using,right?So the best i can get here are memorex(i truly despise this brand but i don't really have the choice)and imation,so if anyone can tell me if these are ok?

Thanks.

Vincent.

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

you may want to check and see if it has a chip in it, if not send it back and tell them you want a full refund, but you can try to use some cheaper media, to each his own, i used to use memorex dvds on my original xbox, only because i got 50 for like 22 dollars or so, on sale, but you can try something else, but i would recommend the verbs all the way

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Thanks for the quick response.Yeah i know that the Verb is the best in dual layer but as i said it's impossible to get them here.And about returning my xbox,i'm afraid it's more than difficult because i did not buy it in the country i am,i bought it in Asia,in a game shop which i guess like a lot of other game shops of that particular country is not an officially recognized by microsoft(they sell premodded consoles,which of course is AGAINST microsoft's policy).But is imation dual layers better than memorex?Any idea about the manufacturer id for imation?I googled it but nothing showed up about that.

Thanks.

Vincent.

4. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

im not sure, they may be made by the same people, but im not sure, and you can always order you some verbs on ebay, they arent too costly either, about what you would pay for them in a store here in the states

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I guess that i just need to look a bit deeper then but i better keep ebay as the last resort.But thanks anyway.Btw i've just wrote something about your picture in your images section,check it out!

Vincent.