1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Img Burn questions and its utilization

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by beerlover, Jan 26, 2007.

1. beerlover

beerlover Member

1)Do you use shrink to build the iso and then img burn to burn it
    or
    2)Do you use the build option w/ img burn to build an iso and then use img burn to well....burn.

Does imagine burn beat the DRM errors you would get if you had used shrink? If it does, during the build process or just during burning?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

beerlover ,
    Either way is OK after the proper rip is done.

I think you are confusing the DRM issue w/ the encryption used by the studios. You can make a good case that the encryption falls under the DRM but we do not need to get into semantics.

Once you rip the DVD to the HD using one of the better rippers then the encryption is removed. If you are getting errors then you need to tell us what the exact errors are and we can proceed from there.

3. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

4. beerlover

beerlover Member

Ok, for many movies that I tried to burn using shrink, many have worked. However, there are a few that I have had to go the iso route with shrink and then burned with img burn. Most recently "Accepted" the movie. I usually use dvd fab to rip and most times it prevents any problems before they arise. As I mentioned though, there are those that need the the dvd shrink-iso, img burn route. Was just wondering how everyone else uses it, will take a closer look at the guides though, thanks.