1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMG files - so small!!!

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by kadelman, Mar 25, 2005.

1. kadelman

kadelman Member

If image files that i make of my VIDEO_TS folders (4.3GB in size) are reeeeeally small - only 700MB or something -- and the IMAGE is what i burn using disk utility, couldn't i make img files of much larger VIDEO_TS folders, and then burn onto the DVD-R however big the img gets, since it'll probably only be like 1GB at its largest for a 6GB VIDEO_TS or something? have people already thought of this? What's the danger? Thanks!

Karen

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I can't understand what you are saying at all!

If you are taking 4.3 gigs of data and somehow making it 700mb, you are losing a ton of quality!

3. kadelman

kadelman Member

i'm saying that VIDEO_TS folders, when i get info on them, claim to be anywhere from 3 to 8G - this is true, we all know this. now, when i use DVDImage on those folders to make a file that i can burn, the resulting .img file is usually less than a gig - and i've noticed that my DVD-Rs only look like a fourth to a third has actually been written on them. i don't know if that's a terribly deceptive guideline, but anyway, about five minutes ago i started imaging a VIDEO_TS folder that's 5.12G, and I'm going to try to burn the image file, since it will be less than 4.3G definitely. i'll let you know what happens, although I might be foolishly on my way to a coaster.

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Are you talking about DVDImager?

I'm still not getting it. I'd use dvd2onex to compress. It is the best app with the most features and works fairly easily.

Why are you trying to make an image file anyway? Do you have toast? Use the dvdrom/udf button under data and do it that way after compressing (if needed).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005