1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.img files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tigurmil, Jun 14, 2004.

1. tigurmil

tigurmil Member

Can someone tell me how to burn a .img file? I have never messed with these kind of files before. Do I have to convert them to another file (.avi .mov) or can they be burned like they are?

2. Eliblue

Eliblue Member

I see that I'm not the first one to want to know this bit of information. I also would like to know how to burn a file with the extension of .IMG .

Could someone please tell me what app to use to burn and IMG file?

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!

3. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

im just trying to sort that 1 out myself i belive there clonedvd type files ????????

4. DaKeith

DaKeith Guest

i have used Nero to burn IMG files, how big is this file that u are talking about??

5. tigurmil

tigurmil Member

I finally figured it out. It was really quite simple. All you have to do (and I am using NERO) is after you open Nero click on Recorder and then select Burn Image. After that just locate your file and follow the directions. Thanks for all the feedback. Hope this helps others who were confused.

6. corblimey

corblimey Member

i have an IMG file that i'm trying to burn to a dvd using nero in the same way (recorder>burn image) but i get the error message 'unexpected file type' and then the only option i have is to abort the project. is it possible that there are compatability settings that need changing? if so does anyone know how this is done?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a crook.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  7. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Record now from sonic also has the option to burn image. For those of us who don't use nero.

8. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Member

Well i have a simple solution that will make you all feel like retards, simply change the file extention from *.img to *.iso, as simple as that. Good luck and happy burning.

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Uh.... not quite.The IMG format is a tad more complicated than a simple Mode1/2048 ... head on over to http://www.hazza.dsl.pipex.com/faq.htm#CDs for a quick rundown of the more popular cd image formats

10. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Member

i know your the mod, but did you try it?? I have been using this method for over 6 monthes, my dvd collection is now at 461 *.iso files on my hd's, i just mount them with daemon manager, and if needed burn them with any software that will burn iso's, before you go get into the logistics of what the specific file type does or doesn't, try it out, if it works what is the problem.

11. corblimey

corblimey Member

ok t-mizzle we appear to be getting there, you understand what i'm trying to do which is a good start, however i'm still stuck. How exactly do you change the file extention from *.img to *.iso? thanks for your help buddy.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a crook.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  12. Robaski

Robaski Member

You rename the file so that the extension becomes .iso

If the file is called: blabla.img you rename it into blabla.iso

13. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Member

Robaski is exactly right, just right click on the file, and hit rename, you can change the file name if needed, (so instead of your movie or game being "J-dogz rip of The matrix", its just "the matrix") then at change the file so instead of it looking like "The Matrix.img" it lookes like "The Matrix.iso", simple and easy. Good luck

14. nussbash

nussbash Guest

You can do this by mounting the image with Alcohol 120%. Then, still within Alcohol 120%, choose Copy Wizard, and select the virtual drive as a source. If your.img file has integrity, when you mount it on the virtual drive, Windows Media Player (or your default DVD viewer) will attempt to open it. On the file I have, simply changing the extension from .img to .iso was ineffective with Roxio Disk Copy.

15. Jaydoggg

Jaydoggg Guest

Well, I have used T-Mizzle's change extension trick about 5 times now with no problems. Thanks a bunch. I use DVDecryptor everytime by the way. Maybe it handles things differently then roxio or nero...

16. stu123

stu123 Member

as long as you have DVD Decrypter installed if you just double click on the img file that will bring up decrypter put dvd in writer then click write and thats it
    I have version 3.2.3.0 installed

17. osho_25

osho_25 Member

I have mannaged to extract the vob and other DVD files from the *.img file. I even used Magic ISO and converted the img to .iso But no matter what I do I can only play up to 18-23 minuts of the movie before it freezes. I am having this problem with 2 DVD-R movies that I downloaded. Big Fish and fifty first dates.
    doese this happen to anyone else. the files that I am downloading are all over 4 gigs. even when extracted so where is the rest of the movie??

Help

18. bomberbil

bomberbil Member

Thanks to Stu 1213 DVD decrypter, free and easy to use just follow stu's instructions

19. val666

val666 Member

The .img files are made by CloneCD, as far as i know to burn it you will need the .img file .sub file and .ccd file. If the CD image contains just files, then renaming .img file to .iso should work most of the time, but if image contains special data (like sub-chanel, protection...) then you will need all the files. Its what I discovered after trying to burn some .img files myself.

20. osho_25

osho_25 Member

there are files within the img, I used DVD decripter to burn them to a DVD-R, it plays fine untill about 20 minuts into the film then just freezes at the same spot every time. Theres no jumping past it.