1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Img Sub and Ccd don't match...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DracoW, Nov 19, 2004.

1. DracoW

DracoW Member

I've DLed a RAR file containing an .Img, a .Sub and a .Ccd. You'd expect them to fit together, but noooo. If I try to 'burn from file' with CloneCD it says: Blabla.sub does not match Blabla.img. If I try to mount it in Alcohol (by doubleclicking it once it's been loaded) Alcohol tells me 'Image size failure'. If I try to burn it anyway (I'm pigheaded) Alcohol delivers me a shiny disk which contains all the files it needs. They just don't work. I can open the txt-files, pics and htmls on it, but the exes (especially the setup) just make my PC hiccup once and then dissappear from the taskmanager. I've set myself to downloading another .sub file which has exactly the same name as the one in the RAR, and hope it will solve my problem. The one in the Rar was 800k big, and the one I'm dl-ing now is about 32 megs. The Img. file is 649 Megs big. Where can I check wether that's right? By opening the Ccd in editor?

Does anyone know wether that was my problem indeed? Or else, is it possible to generate a Sub from the data in a Ccd and a Img? ( remeber that creating a .Cue frome a Bin was quite easy. Can it also be done with CloneCD files? I've waited for about a month for this dl, so please don't tell me it's all been for naught.

2. DracoW

DracoW Member

I just read in an almost understandable thread in this forum that it might be possible to convert a .img and .sub into an .iso. Is that indeed possible? Would it solve my problem? (since there would no longer be a .sub of the wrong size to worry about) Or would it be impossible to do this because the .sub is of the wrong size? (oh, and this (obviously) is also an attempt to
    *bump*)