1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question ImgBurn and Too Large Images.

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by abrogard, Dec 7, 2015.

1. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

I got Imgburn to make an ISO from a DVDDecrypter rip.

Imgburn wanted me to accept or reject proposed positions for a 'break' which I took to mean it was proposing to set things up for a future break if the image had to be burned to two disks because too big.

So I accepted their suggestion and went ahead to do a burn and found it offered only two options, neither any good: 1. Truncate 2. Overburn.

No 'split disk' option.

So is ImgBurn no good for that kind of thing or is there a way to use it for that?

(christ my computer is a sod. one clumsy slip of the fingers on the keyboard and everything disappears. Usually that's it but this time I managed to get back here with three (3!) 'right arrows' (on the firefox menu bar) one after the other. What the hell the magic key combination is that causes that to happen I don't know..)

I'm going to start again. I'll try pick up the DVDDecrypt files with DVDShrink and see how I go from there.

edit: Didn't work. DVDShrink says 'parameter incorrect' and won't load the thing.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. attar

attar Senior member

If the iso to be created is larger than a standard DVD, ImgBurn assumes that you are going to burn the image to a Dual Layer DVD (DVD+R DL), thus it wants to know where you want the layer break - so either shrink the image with DVD Shrink to fit a standard disk or use a dual layer disk for the burning.