1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imgburn batch file help..........

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bandsme, May 6, 2007.

1. bandsme

bandsme Guest

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, but i am kinda clued up to the whole world of dvd's and software and such.

I am trying to write a batch file in notepad, that will allow me to rip data from muliple dvds. I have a pc with 4 dvd drives, and i want to try and create a batch file that i can run that will rip each dvd one after the other.

This is what i have so far

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC d: /DEST "C:\RIPPED\DVD1\" /START

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC d: /DEST "C:\RIPPED\DVD2\" /START

The problem i have is that if i add the \close or \closesuccess to this line, it wont close the application as that line only relates to ISOWRITE.

Basically what i want is, that once the iso has been read and after it finishes it brings a popup that says " Operation Completed Successfully " then it asks to click " OK " i want it to click ok, and then close the app, so that the next line in my batch file can start and rip the 2nd dvd and so on. Bit i cant see a way of doing this with the command lines i cant find!!

Is there anyway to confirm the successful read ( basically click OK ) and then close imgburm automatically so that the next line in the batch file can start?

Sorry for the long post.

Any help would be really great.

Thanks Guys,

Bandsareme

2. attar

attar Senior member

I guess I am missing the point.How does Imgburn rip the dvd.I thought it only burned images to a dvd.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

IMGBurn now features a "read mode" to ISO file. ;-)

@bandsme:

I really don't know if this is any help, but you could add a *pause* to your batch file which requires you to press another key after that command..
    eg:

@echo off
    echo Ripper is cool
    pause
    echo Ripper is cool
    pause
    exit

Might work? Sorry I can't be of more specific help.

4. bandsme

bandsme Guest

Hi Ripper, thanks for your post. Could you give me an example of how you could right that into my script please? Just not that clued up with coding :-(

Thanks

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I did some test batch files and it seems all you have to do is put "pause" (minus the "" marks) in between the command lines..
    eg:

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC d: /DEST "C:\RIPPED\DVD1\" /START
    pause
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC d: /DEST "C:\RIPPED\DVD2\" /START

etc etc

Note that the destination folder has to be created prior to running the batch file.

That batch file opens IMGBurn, reads the dvd to the folder you made, then the command window asks you to "press any key to continue" before it does the second dvd.

Might work for ya? :)

6. attar

attar Senior member

This is what I did.One drive had an encrypted disk (I ran anydvd in the background).
    It worked ok.

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC E: /DEST "c:\Ripped\[DISC_LABEL].iso" /START /CLOSE

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOREAD /SRC F: /DEST "c:\Ripped\[DISC_LABEL].iso" /START /CLOSE

7. bandsme

bandsme Guest

Winner, thanks Ripper & Attar, all working now. I added the /close command and it works.

Thanks SO much for your help guys.

Bandsareme

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Nice one :D

Happy Burning!

9. somone

somone Member

would this script work for Building .ISOs as well? Say from a directory of Video_TS folders?

10. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming that the folders had been ripped and shrunk to fit a standard DVD-5, yes.

Use IMGBurn to create a project file (IBB) for each title.
    Then run the batch file.

Each line of the batch file would refer to a particular IBB file.
    The ISO files would then be created automatically.

In IMGBurn Set 'Output' as 'Image File'.
    Change 'Tools' 'Settings' 'Build' to "Don't Prompt Volume Label" and "Don't prompt image details"(else the batch file stops and waits for keyboard input).

imgburn.ibb and imgburn2.ibb are the project files that Imgburn creates.
    The ibb files are simple text files that reflect the name of the ISO and where it is output.

The batch file:

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\Desktop\imgburn.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\Desktop\imgburn2.ibb" /START /CLOSE

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  11. levide

levide Member

That's a very handy command for a project I'm working on, thanks for posting. I tried it, and while it does what it's supposed to, automate ISO builds, it maybe works a little too well. Instead of building file #1 then #2 then #3 then #4, it buils #1 then #1&#2 then #1&#2&#3 then #1&#2&#3&#4. The length of time to build and the finished file sizes reflect this sequential exponent. Any ideas as to why this might be or a way around it would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

12. attar

attar Senior member

Either the content of the .ibb files are identical (how could that be?) or the names of the IBB files are named identically in the batch file - that's possible if you copied and pasted the first line?

13. levide

levide Member

Thanks. The names of the IBBs in the batch file are different (numbered sequentially), so that might not be it. Again, any input would be appreciated.

14. attar

attar Senior member

When the DOS window opens, can you see the same file referenced four times?
    You can add "cls" without the quotes, to a new first line of the batch file, to clear the window first.
    If so, can you post the batch file.

15. levide

levide Member

Here is the batch I used :

"c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn2.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn3.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn4.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn5.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn6.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn7.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn8.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn9.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn10.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn11.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn12.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn13.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn14.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn15.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn16.ibb" /START /CLOSE
    "c:\program files\imgburn\imgburn.exe" /MODE ISOBUILD /NOIMAGEDETAILS /SRC "C:\program files\imgburn\imgburn17.ibb" /START /CLOSE

16. attar

attar Senior member

I used your file and it worked.
    I got one output file per .ibb - the only way I could get more of the same name would be if the .ibb files had the same output name.
    I made sure that the seventeen .IBB files contained a unique output .iso file name (although I used the same source file folder multiple times) thus:
    I used the "nasa_shuttle-r_m720p" multiple times as source and various named ".iso" as output - simply because I don't have that many test clips.

IBB

[START_BACKUP_OPTIONS]
    BuildMode=2
    Destination=C:\Ripped\shuttle.iso
    FileSystem=3
    PreserveFullPathnames=0
    RecurseSubdirectories=1
    IncludeHiddenFiles=0
    IncludeSystemFiles=0
    IncludeArchiveFilesOnly=0
    AddToWriteQueueWhenDone=0
    ClearArchiveAttribute=0
    VolumeLabel_ISO9660=
    VolumeLabel_Joliet=
    VolumeLabel_UDF=
    Identifier_System=
    Identifier_VolumeSet=
    Identifier_Publisher=
    Identifier_Preparer=
    Identifier_Application=
    Dates_FolderFileType=0
    Restrictions_ISO9660_InterchangeLevel=0
    Restrictions_ISO9660_CharacterSet=0
    Restrictions_ISO9660_AllowMoreThan8DirectoryLevels=0
    Restrictions_ISO9660_AllowMoreThan255CharactersInPath=0
    Restrictions_ISO9660_AllowFilesWithoutExtensions=0
    Restrictions_ISO9660_DontAddVersionNumberToFiles=0
    Restrictions_Joliet_InterchangeLevel=0
    Restrictions_Joliet_AllowFilesWithoutExtensions=0
    Restrictions_Joliet_AddVersionNumberToFiles=0
    Restrictions_UDF_DisableUnicodeSupport=0
    BootableDisc_MakeImageBootable=0
    [END_BACKUP_OPTIONS]

[START_BACKUP_LIST]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Superuser\My Documents\ConvertXtoDVD\nasa_shuttle-r_m720p
    [END_BACKUP_LIST]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007