1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imgburn\dvd shrink - illegal mode for this track?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Rapsus, May 23, 2007.

1. Rapsus

Rapsus Member

It would be much appreciated if someone could help with trouble i'm having with copying DEJAVU..dvd shrink fails to shrink at 6% and Img burn gets to 6% and retries 20 times before stating
    I/O Error
    Device[1:0:0]HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW....etc
    ScsiStatus 0*02
    Interpretation: Check condition
    etc...
    etc....
    Interpretation: Illegal Mode for This Track

I've found info elsewhere about needing a dvd rom driver upgrade but cannot find one for my Maxtor 6Y080L0.

On the other hand a damaged disc was also mentioned but the disc is brand new. i even went back and got it replaced with another and exactly the same problem.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Which program did you use to rip the movie to the hard drive? I had no problems using Ripit4me. It was way to big to fit on one single layer disc, so I ripped with ripit4me, then used VobBlanker to split it up so I could put it on 2 single layer discs (first half on one disc and second half on another disc) to avoid the large compression, then used Dvd Shrink to backup into ISO mode so I could burn with Imgburn. Hope this helps!
  4. Rapsus

Rapsus Member

Thanks for the reply.. i am using dvd shrink 3.0 (not the latest version) i can get the movie down to one disc size by unchecking the other languages before the shrink. the shrink starts but stops at six percent.. image burn also starts and stops at 6 percent. i can't even get it to my hard drive.
  5. Rapsus

Rapsus Member

i just down loaded the latest driver i could find for my HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B dvd rom. didn't help. Shrink came up with the error - failed to read "D:\"
    INCORRECT FUNCTION

It works ok on other movies
  6. orion250

orion250 Regular member

It sounds like you are trying to rip the movie using Shrink. That program hasn't been updated for about 3 years now and may not be able to handle the copy protection that DEJAVU has. Do you have a copy of Ripit4me? If not, try these two links to obtain a copy of it.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/RipIt4Me/1159478103/1
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5408.html

Once you get Ripit4me, try using the same steps that I noted in my previous reply. Good Luck!
  7. Rapsus

Rapsus Member

Thanks heaps for the info... i would have thought the latest img burn would have handled the copy protection ? I'll look into getting Rip it for me... However i'm more into Freeware... Not my computer at the moment... Thanks again
  8. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

9. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Ripit4me is freeware and Imgburn only burns, doesn't rip.
  10. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter Is a Free Ripper and is updated frequently. Ripit is no longer updated.

Use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip, Shrink to fit movies on a disc and Image Burn to burn.

BUT Ripit is still Awesome
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  11. Rapsus

Rapsus Member

Thanks heaps Berryone and orion250.. The help is much appreciated.
    My download account is maxed out at the moment but as soon as i get dvd fab i'll post again and fill ya's in if it worked.

Salute
  12. selenaaa

selenaaa Guest

i got hit by lightning for spamming this fine site. i am now a crispy critter!!! edited by ddp
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007