1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMGBURN error while burning XGD3 game

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by arsenalforever, Aug 19, 2013.

1. arsenalforever

arsenalforever Regular member

I was trying to burn my first XGD3 game, i.e FIFA 13 using my laptop's drive Slimtype DVD A DS8A9SH EA16 (SATA). When I ran the payload tool, it successfully enabled burnermax on my drive and I noticed the increase in free space.

I set the IMGBURN settings according to the 'For burnermax payload tool' from this guide here: http://xboxpirate.eu/forums/topic/1172-imgburn-settings-for-xgd2-and-xgd3-games/

But when the verification was going on, I got an imgburn I/O error.

Why did this happen? Did I have to go to the advanced settings and change the LiteOn stuff? I don't think my drive is a LiteON one.

And also, now in my computer, the size of the burnt disc is showed only as 48 MB. Please tell me what to do

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. xbox09

xbox09 Member

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

Post your IMGBURN log on here first.Secondly use verbatim s 001's or 003's Singapore's.Your drive may be payload tool compatible but still error or give you bad burns.Disable AV's,background tasks,try burn in Safe mode.In Task Manager Process tab, right click on ImbBurn, then Set Priority to High.Don't use the pc/laptop while burning.I personally never use the payload tool as so many people think they can just use their laptop drives and burn xgd3 games without errors or decent kprobe results but for me it causes more pain than gain.Buy a ihas drive or compatible,decent Media and you cannot go too far wrong.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. arsenalforever

How do I burn in Safe Mode? Is my laptop drive a LiteON one? I didn't apply the settings which should be applied for LiteON drives so maybe that's why the verification failed? The laptop was idle when the burning and verification were occurring and I am using Verbatims only. Also, there wasn't any antivirus active during the burning process.

5. arsenalforever

Btw, my latop is Gateway NE56R

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  6. arsenalforever

Guys, I've ordered the iHas drive but in the meanwhile I want to test out if my laptop drive can burn XGD3 games (since the payload tool enabled burnermax on it).

The problem I'm facing is that the name of the dvd drive is Slimtype DVD A DS8A9SH EA16 (SATA) so I don't really know if I have to apply the LiteOn settings (advanced settings -> LiteOn tab) or not.

I tried burning FIFA 13 using this drive. On the first disc, I burnt WITHOUT applying the LiteOn settings and on the second, I burnt WITH LiteOn settings but on both occasions I got discs which showed a capacity of 48.9MB on Windows and when I inserted them into my Xbox, I got the Unrecognizable Disc and Unreadable Disc error messages respectively.

Also, some tutorials tell us to disable the 'Perform OPC before write' options while some tell us to keep it checked. Can you advice me on what is the correct option?

Also, when a DVD+R DL is inserted into my laptop drive, IMGBURN shows the supported burn speeds as 3x, 4x and 6x. I burned FIFA 13 using 4x and with the 'Perform OPC...' option disabled for the first disc and enabled for the second disc but with no success.

Here is my IMGBURN log:

Also, there were NO heavy apps running during the burning process. I don't understand why IMGBURN showed that it burnt like around 8.7 GB but in Windows, the capacity of the disc is shown only as 48.9MB.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  7. richietea

richietea Regular member

Use VERBATIM'S 003',001's instead of memorex.Windows will see it as a smaller size after burning as its a unrecognised format.Remove OPC,remove overspeed.Failing that wait for your IHAS burner to be delivered.

8. arsenalforever

So I shouldn't apply the settings in the LiteOn tab? Also, I AM using Verbatims. Should I enable 'Verify' in IMGBURN?

9. arsenalforever

10. arsenalforever

The Verbatims I have are Made in India. The Singapore ones aren't available in India. But I've used these discs to burn XGD2 games and they've worked perfectly fine.

11. richietea

richietea Regular member

You don't have to verify unless you want to wait till Christmas.Change the settings in The Liteon tab.Indian Verb's are meant to have poor dye printed on the surface,They may be useless to burn images that are xgd3.Other than that i cannot help you anymore.There are hundreds of laptop makes and installed slim drives its like working in the dark.The payload tool like i said is more trouble than its worth.I would of waited and bought a IHAS B drive instead of a D version but obviously you want to go down the payload route.

12. arsenalforever

I'm not sure if the drive I've ordered is a B or D version. It's just an iHas 122. The seller didn't tell me which one it is so I'll find out only once it reaches me.

But the problem is, even with an iHas drive with me, what would be the point if the Indian Verbatims are crap?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  13. richietea

richietea Regular member

If its a B version you can cross flash it to a 124b so you don't have to use the payload tool.You should send the seller a message to find out.

14. arsenalforever

He said he gets it from somewhere else so he doesn't know. I know that B versions can be cross flashed but that still won't solve the problem regarding the Verbatims made in India.

15. richietea

richietea Regular member

16. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

you should just invest in an xkey and save all the trouble of burning and verifying

17. arsenalforever

I don't have a dump of my xbox firmware and I can't try to find it out coz it involves soldering and whatnot

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  18. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

That would be a Reset Glitch Hack.
    Actually, I am not very fond of the Xkey, but for you it would be good.

19. arsenalforever

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  20. arsenalforever

Guys, I updated the iHas drive to it's latest firmware using the SmartPack Utility but when payload tool gives me the following error: