1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imgburn errors burning only half-way

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Wpsp, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Wpsp

Wpsp Regular member

This has been my first attemp to burn a xbox360 backup game with no success and 2 'coasters' with the same probelem.

I have :

- nec ND-6650A burner (flashed with liggy's bitsetting FW 1.62)
    - Aone 8x DVD+R dl discs
    - Imgburn 2.3.2.0

...I have followed all of the instructions i can find :

- changed booktype to 'DVD-ROM'
    - set the layer break to 1913760
    - burning at 2.4x

The first attemp i got to 54%, but the second time it only reached 42% before i received the error message??

[​IMG]

what am i doing wrong? (i know that verbatim media is recommended but i thought i'd try with Aone discs first as i have read that others have had no problems with them)

The image itself is of a game I own but it has been sourced elsewhere as I havn't attempted ripping yet; could it be a problem with the image?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

are you burning an ISO file?
    Did you get a .DVD file when you made the game?
    Does the burner burn everything else fine?

3. Wpsp

Wpsp Regular member

This is the first time i have used the burner since flashing the firmware and yes, I do have the .DVD file. HOWEVER, I have just burnt the same image in DVD Decrypter and everything burnt 100%!! I havn't had chance to try it yet but hopefully it should work, and if it does, i'll just stick with DVD Decrypter for future backups.

I'll post results after I have tested it, cheers.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

OK, it does seem that lately certain people have had problems with IMGburn and have switched back to the old standard DVD Decrypter and it has worked. The weird thing is that they are made by the same guy so they are pretty much the same program other then the fact that DVD Decrypter can rip things and IMGburn can not.

5. dash134

dash134 Member

not to tread jack but this sounds like the same problem am having except i have afew working games on matrix media and now am using this cheapo media (playo) dvds and not having any luck. maybe i need to try and use DVD Decrypter, or i just got a bad batch. well u can checkout my thread its called:

playo double layer discs to cheap to love/burn?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

nothing is going to help you get a consistently good burn on cheap media. They use cheap dye, burners and consoles do not read them well, and they can wear out MUCH quicker then a quality brand will. Not to mention that they will wear out your 360 drive laser much faster from the strain of having to read them.

7. Wpsp

Wpsp Regular member

DIDN'T WORK!!

I tried it thismorning with no luck : 'To play this disc, put it into an xbox 360 console' ??

What could be wrong, would the image need a patch of some sort?

(I don't even no which method my 360 has been flashed/chipped by as I bought it pre-modded)

8. steimy

steimy Active member

You can see if the image needs patching by running a stealth check using DVDMulleter. You can use this to check the image and it will tell you if it needs anything. If everything is goo with the image then it is something in the way you are burning it that is causing it not to work. Or even possibly the fact that who ever you got it from did not properly flash it. there is still of course the very good chance that it is your media that is the problem.

Do you have any friends who have flashed consoles? Where you could barrow a few games that you know work and test them on yours to test the flash.

9. Wpsp

Wpsp Regular member

Shame, I deleted the Image from my computer as i was low on HardDrive space lol. But I will get another image and see how i get on with the next one. (I'll take your advice into consideration...Thanks for the info!)

- The bloke i bought it from is certain that it is correctly flashed and compatible with backups and is sending me a backup in the post so i can test for myself.

I will post my progress (if any lol)

10. steimy

steimy Active member

if he is willing to send you a backup game that is great, at least you will have one that works hopefully, LOL. Hope it is a good game.

If it does work then you know for sure it is the discs, or your process of burning them.

11. Wpsp

Wpsp Regular member

yeh you're right, hopefully the iso i was first using was just a bad image maybe? As the burn process seems to be right from what i have followed and I have read that these discs are usually compatible.. (unless my burner doesn't work well with the media i'm using)

I have another dual layer burner on my desktop pc but i'm not sure if its capable of bitsetting....I always used to use this when burning ps2 backups as my nec burner never used to make a successful backup - but i persumed it might work now as it has been flashed with bitsetting FW

12. dash134

dash134 Member

I found the answer to my problem and it maybe yours. My laptop was not able to read/layer break the cheapo playo media. I recently got a new dell desktop pc and it has bin able to burn them successfully. So you probably need to burn it with another burner and or better media.

13. MD2000GT

MD2000GT Guest

This happened twice to me. Both times I was seeding the files I was burning. lol. I just turned off utorrent and it worked fine from there. And before ppl jump on me for downloading. I owned the games. Just didn't have the ability to rip at the time. lol.

14. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Mhmm thats what they all say =)

15. MD2000GT

MD2000GT Guest

And who gave me the site info? lol

16. ccampton

ccampton Guest

and same with this post, read nothing, to tell you your problem is your media. goodday sir!