1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imgburn or Clone CD for 360 backups?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Miles923, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Miles923

Miles923 Member

On multiple occasions now, Ive made backups on Imgburn that work at times but dont. The system will either play the disc, or say its unplayable. Burning the dvd image again, yeilds the same results, sometmies the 360 will read it, sometimes i have to repeatedly eject the disc tray to make it run. Which program would yield the best results for burning DVD iso's? Or is this something completly different? DVD DL's look fine, no damage, 360's never had any issues before.
    thanks much

2. killalot

killalot Active member

What brand of DL disks are you using? Cheap brands usually give poor results

3. Miles923

Miles923 Member

Verbatim DVD+R DL's, but I just burned the same iso in Clone CD as I was burning in ImgBurn, and it works perfectly. I have a Hitachi, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but i've made 2 coasters trying to make this work in imgburn, using the correct layer break settings explained in the many tutorials, and they work 'sometimes', if i keep ejecting the disc, itll eventually read. now with clone cd, it seems to work perfectly. perhaps this fixed the issue, anyone else with similar problems?

4. Miles923

Miles923 Member

also, one part that really confuses me, is only one game, Tetris Evolution, has worked fine in Imgburn, and given me no issues what so ever. Every other iso ive attempted gives me issues in imgburn.

5. killalot

killalot Active member

How are you ripping the game to your hard drive? Are you using the Samsung drive flashed with the kreon firmware or are you doing it the swap method way with your computer DVD drive if doing it the Samsung way you don’t need to select the layer break?

6. Miles923

Miles923 Member

Aquiring the Iso's from newsgroups at this point, originals are too severly damaged. Confirmed the ones I download do indeed work.

7. Miles923

Miles923 Member

Tried to make a 2nd copy of the same iso in CloneCD, made a coaster. Doesent load at all, trying one with XBox BackupCreator 2.3 now. Any suggestions?

8. killalot

killalot Active member

There’s your problem straight away acquiring games from newsgroups do they have the ss files with them etc etc piracy is a crime mate be careful what you ask on here get yourself banned

9. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

use ssmerger and nme extractor
    nme merger will allow you to rip the security sector, then open ss merger to add the iso and secure sector
    then i ignore all the text (size issues etc)
    then burn with imgburn

works every time

10. matt54321

matt54321 Member

LOL - love it.