1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imgburn

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by juliemc, Aug 18, 2007.

1. juliemc

juliemc Member

can any one help i have been using dvd decrypter since it was set up no problems yesterday it says medium has changed nothing has changed on my pc please help i have now downloaded imgburn and am getting same message nothing will burn

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Is your burner firmware up to date?

Have you changed the blank media you're using?

Have you installed any other programs lately? antivirus? burning?

Have you tied using Device Manager to uninstall both your burner and the comm channel it's on? Upon restart of the system, the OS will reinstall both to defaults.

Try going back to an earlier OS restore point.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Imgburn gives this message anytime the tray opens and there is a disc present in the drive when the tray closes. A log from Imgburn could prove useful.

4. juliemc

juliemc Member

5. juliemc

juliemc Member

hi my pc went in for repair and they put on avg anti spyware my media is the same how do i check if firmware is up to date please can you help

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You need to post back the brand and model number of your burner as well as the current firmware version. Many programs can help you retrieve this info. The firmware version is the 4-character (numbers, letters, period) after the name of the burner. If you use DVD Decrypter in ISO Write mode or ImgBurn in Write mode and out a blank DVD in the drive, the name and firmware version will appear at the top of the righthand column.

In Nero Info Tool, select the Drive tab and select the name of your burner in the menu directly beneath the "NERO InfoTool" at the top. That'll be the name of your burner. The firmware version is listed after the text "Firmware version" in the righthand column.

You can also use DVD Identifier.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/my_site/download.php
    http://www.imgburn.com
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/SetupDVDDecrypter_3.5.4.0.exe

7. juliemc

juliemc Member

hi i think this is what you need
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-103 2.00 (ATA) i just cant understand why it worked one day then not the next

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I think you're firmware is up to date, so to speak. That's a really old drive in technology years. I have no idea when the 2.00 firmware was released.

Have you tried a different brand and type of media? Verbatim +R is always a good choice imo.

I doubt the AVG antivirus is causing problems but one never knows sometimes. Did the burner ever work after getting the system back from repair?

Usually when a drive stops working suddenly, it's either due to a software/OS conflict or a hardware malfunction.

If you've gone back to an earlier OS restore point and it still doesn't work and if you've uninstalled the burner and IDE channel on which it's installed with Device Manager and it still doesn't work, I'd next check to see if the burner works at all. This is done by uninstalling the burner and reinstalling in another system to see if it works there.

One other thing you can do if you want to take the time to do it is to backup your data, reformat your hard drive, and reinstall the OS. That should clear up any OS/software/registry conflicts/corruptions. I'd recommend doing this a couple times a year as general maintenance anyway. The best approach imo is to use something like Ghost to make a virgin copy of your OS after reinstalling and updating. It's then a relatively simple process to restore the OS when needed.

As LOCOENG suggested, maybe posting the ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter log can shed some light on the problem.