1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMGTool problem..."not enough space on drive"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by neko_loco, Dec 28, 2003.

1. neko_loco

neko_loco Guest

Has anyone else had this problem? This is the third DVD where I've had this message come up - I rip using DVDShrink, strip extras, compress a couple levels to fit, then use IMGTool to convert. This has worked great for me many times, but just the past 2 weeks I've gotten this error w/3 different versions of IMGTool (Classic 0.90B5, Classic 0.91 & 0.89). There is plenty of room on all my drives & I've tried each of them. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. neko_loco

neko_loco Guest

Thought I should mention, it gets to about 95-97% finished and then comes up with the "not enough space" message in the log.

3. CouJo

CouJo Member

You try to generate the image on a FAT32 partition where the file size is limited to 4GB.

You can fix this simple: Just open the settings and check the checkbox "Split Img File...".

Greets, CouJo!

4. neko_loco

neko_loco Guest

Many thanks!

5. mmxbaby

mmxbaby Member

i am getting the same error, but yet both my file systems are NTFS, and i also have the box checked just in case to split 1GB files. The program returns:
    /Classic_0.91.1/mkisofs: No space left on device. cannot fwrite 32768*1

it gives this error at exactly 45% each time.

however there is 8.5GB to start available on D: (this is where the VOB files are, and where i am trying to write the ISO file.)

any suggestions? (i ripped using dvdshrink to folder, movie only, no menus, then img tool to backup.)

6. mmxbaby

mmxbaby Member

when i say both, i mean C/D. D however is where the imgtool, movie vob, and output iso is located. but the iso never gets fully created

7. CouJo

CouJo Member

Please make sure that you don't create the image inside the source directory because then this file would also be included into the image ...

So if your source directory is d:\dvd (the dir which includes the VIDEO_TS dir) be sure NOT to use d:\dvd\something.iso as image file!

Greets, CouJo!

8. mmxbaby

mmxbaby Member

i made sure that it was not in the same directory and just to be sure, i freed up another 5GB on D drive. still it keeps erroring with same error at 45%

assic_0.91.1/Classic_0.91.1/mkisofs: No space left on device. cannot fwrite 32768*1

any other suggestions? I will try to reinstall Classic also..

9. mmxbaby

mmxbaby Member

even after reinstalling, still didnt work. i also deleted 22GB and it still didnt work when both source and dest were on D drive. then i put the destination on E drive, which is a networked drive, and now it seems to work! hmmm. could this be a bug?